Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:43 AM

I love my CX-5.The rear seat has enough room for your knees as in Mazda6, but, as expected, more headroom, so even tall passengers will not have a problem with the comfort of the back.

Is slightly larger and the trunk in relation to the sedan, while the quality of the materials in the cabin is almost identical. This means that the interior is practically at the level of the premium segment, with very little hard plastic.

The quality of finish is high and texture of materials that are sophisticated and pleasing to the touch. As with the Mazda6, the red display is placed behind climate stylish retro brown glass modeled on the former most expensive musical pillars in dark racks with glass doors.
But as I have noticed the new model will not get major changes. Mazda CX-5 2016 Changes - Release Date and Price 2016 / 2017
I'll stick with my 2012 CX-5 a few more years.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Default Loving my new CX-5!!

We just took delivery of our new 2015 CX-5 GT with Tech Package and Moonroof/Bose last Friday and we're loving it so far. It is Deep Crystal Blue with the Sand leather interior. We had a couple of adults in the back and they were impressed with the amount of room. Only tiny issue I had so far was I could not get my phone contacts to sync until I bought an separate app.

My dad had given me a gift of his "old" 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged (w/ 9K miles) earlier this year, but maintenance was complex/expensive and I was worried about repair costs (plus my local mechanic wouldn't touch it). So I "cashed out" of that car (selling it myself) and got the new CX-5 as a much more practical alternative. The dealer came in, with the initial offer, below "TrueCar" price and was slightly under their invoice (which they provided). The whole process was almost too simple. We asked them to provide some All-Weather Mats as a bonus and the deal was done.

Attached Thumbnails Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-dsc_0813.jpg   Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-dsc_0812.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Default Nice

Originally Posted by PiersB
We just took delivery of our new 2015 CX-5 GT with Tech Package and Moonroof/Bose last Friday and we're loving it so far. It is Deep Crystal Blue with the Sand leather interior. We had a couple of adults in the back and they were impressed with the amount of room. Only tiny issue I had so far was I could not get my phone contacts to sync until I bought an separate app.

My dad had given me a gift of his "old" 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged (w/ 9K miles) earlier this year, but maintenance was complex/expensive and I was worried about repair costs (plus my local mechanic wouldn't touch it). So I "cashed out" of that car (selling it myself) and got the new CX-5 as a much more practical alternative. The dealer came in, with the initial offer, below "TrueCar" price and was slightly under their invoice (which they provided). The whole process was almost too simple. We asked them to provide some All-Weather Mats as a bonus and the deal was done.

We have the same exact car but its a 2014.5 (March of this year). You are obviously a person of good judgment and excellent taste

We chose the color because we didn't want an all black interior. At first, the color looked too much like black but it got bluer over the summer (we keep it outside while the "baby" is in the garage). I haven't seen another deep blue oddly enough and there was only one between the two local dealers at the time

I never thought that a SUV would be so much fun to drive but it really is.

As bad as my dealer experience was with this one is as good as this car turned out. I have zero complaints and about 13,000 miles so far. I hope you have the same excellent experience

Old 01-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Default CX5 power seats

I bought for my wife a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD in March 2013. When she leans out the window to use an ATM, the power seat back reclines back by itself. Also, when she is out of the car and leans against the driver seat to grab her purse from the passenger seat, her knees press against the seat causing the seat back to recline. My conclusion is that there must be a hidden sensor on the left edge of the seat that actuates when pressure is applied.

How is this behavior defeated? She wants to put the seat back into one position using the handle and stay there.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:24 PM

My first Mazda CX 5

Attached Thumbnails Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-2015-09-06-03-46-34-cx-5-photos-share-your-shots-us-page-39-google-chrome.png  
Old 10-29-2015, 03:38 PM

I wish I had never purchased this car. Should've stayed with Honda.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:58 AM

Hi everyone.
My name is Ivan and I'm just waiting to take delivery of a 2016 CX-5 in a similar trim as the USA spec Touring model but with the 160bhp 2.0 engine.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:57 AM

I own the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (FWD) - Titanium Flash exterior and parchment interior. I absolutely love this car. There are days when I am driving from work where I find myself actually not minding traffic at all because I get to spend more time in my car. lol

https://i.imgur.com/8znG6Hp.jpg

Old 01-29-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bull427
I wish I had never purchased this car. Should've stayed with Honda.
Same here.

A shame the CRV is such an uninspiring dud. At least its features work.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yeltneb
Same here.

A shame the CRV is such an uninspiring dud. At least its features work.
Yep. Really wish the CRV was better. I definitely would've gone with that instead. I have faith that Honda will improve it though but no faith whatsoever in Mazda. They don't give a damn.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!