Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:59 PM

I wasn't even in the market for this class vehicle until suffering through one of our legendary Winters from Hell in Minnesota last winter. We have snow tires all around on wife's Camry Hybrid and it does pretty well - as long as the streets have been plowed. Anything deeper than 4" and we're hosed.

I test drove a 2015 GT AWD CX-5 Thursday night and will return Saturday to order it. Pulling the trigger on a Blue Reflex Mica GT AWD w/Tech package. Buying service (Consumer Reports) and owner loyalty discounts.

My first car purchase in 23 years ('91 Mazda B-2600i Cab-Plus SE5 pickup).

Old 05-19-2014, 11:42 PM

I just purchased a 2015 Red CX-5 GT with tech package on 5/17/14. I didn't really want leather seats but they are comfortable and I like the red thread on the trim and they seem so much higher quality then the sonata leather-ish seats.

I traded in a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited and took a hard financial hit but I am SO much happier back in a SUV. I traded in my red 2008 V8 Ford explorer for the sonata in December and really thought I could like a sedan but I was starting to not like lots of things about it.

I paid $28841 for the CX before TTL and worked the internet to get a good price and then went to a reputable dealer to have them price match. They even gave me a somewhat good price on the sonata since they also owned the Hyundai dealership.

Total OTD with 2.9% was $32948 including $695 for GAP insurance (still thinking about this one) and a deficit of $701 on the Sonata. 0.90% financing was only on the 2014's and those are getting hard to find. I did not see many GT's on any lots and this dealer just happened to get one in that day; it had 5 miles on it and was encased in plastic.

Attached Thumbnails Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-mazda5.jpg   Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-mazda4.jpg   Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-mazda2.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM

jayally - Welcome and congrats on the new CX-5, I think you will enjoy it. Skip the gap insurance and any extended warranties.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by CX-SV
jayally - Welcome and congrats on the new CX-5, I think you will enjoy it. Skip the gap insurance and any extended warranties.
Does anyone have GAP insurance? I only agreed because 1, the finance guy kept pushing it and lowered the price by $200 and 2, one of my employees had it and got in a car accident and actually got enough money from the insurance to buy another car and new appliances for her new home so it worked out for her. I can always cancel it but he said $695 was a deal I wouldn't get later. I feel I should have negotiated a lower finance rate or better price for it but I was in a time crunch.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:30 AM

GAP insurance mostly protects the financing bank. If you total the car, the insurance company will pay out the pro-rated value of the vehicle. If that is less than your financed balance, you may be liable for the difference.

Do yourself a favor and make a down payment on the vehicle. No need for GAP insurance and your payments will be lower.

My wife's car was financed 100% yet we turned down GAP as well as the extended warranty. There's a reason finance managers push both so hard - it's very profitable for them, not you.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 AM

2015 GT AWD in silver with tech package .. so far with 41 miles..love it, came from a wrangler so even though some say cx5 has a ruff ride...to me its a night a day improvement in ride!
hope to get opinions and here others storys/ mods etc...

Old 07-16-2014, 12:54 PM

Just bought the wife a new 2015 Sport manual transmission. So far we love it and it suits our needs well.

Attached Thumbnails Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-2014-07-16.jpg  
Old 09-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Default Can't wait!

I am trading in a 2009 Toyota RAV4 4WD tomorrow night for a soul red 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring AT. I am a previous Mazda 6 owner (fka racergirl435) who traded the 6 in for the RAV when I started becoming more involved in dog rescue and transports. The 6, as much as I loved her (and OH how I loved her), just didn't fit the bill for transporting dogs. I got a great deal on the RAV but it was a base model, is uncomfortable to drive and was disappointing in the gas mileage department (I am lucky to get 24mpg in the summer).

I drove a CX-5 this summer while I was on vacation and fell in love with it and knew I'd have to have one. I waited and did my research and finally decided to go to the dealership yesterday. I had been keeping secret my wish for buying one from my husband and told him yesterday when he got home. That went much easier than I thought it would. He actually told me congratulations because I am not increasing my debt load for this car and said that he was happy for me.

I am so excited to be coming back to the Mazda family. I loved my first one and I just know I'll love my 2nd one. Now to come up with a name for the CX-5. I generally try to go with something that starts with the same letter as the color of the car. Weird, I know. My 6 was volcanic red so her name was Veronica. My RAV is black so her name is Betty. I'm thinking of Samantha or Salma but we'll see what kind of personality she develops.

The differences between the RAV and CX-5 are many. Just the ride alone is a big difference. The RAV is more stiff and bumpy, whereas the CX-5 is smoother and more fluid. The comfort is much better in the CX and though I'm losing some space in the cargo area to the spare tire, I will have just about as much room there as in the RAV. I just cannot wait!

I'll do my best to post pics when I have some good daylight. It'll be dark by the time I get home.

Jess

Last edited by jkinsey435; 09-21-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:39 AM
Default Tsc

Mazda CX-5 TSC test drive 2014! FAIL! - YouTube
And what is your test with TSC system?

Old 10-14-2014, 06:41 AM

Mine sees the crossing gate arm when I leave our parking lot. It's quite a jolt when it slams on the brakes.

Quick Reply: Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!