Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by popeyecahn
How much additional time/mileage does $2600 buy a person?
If you do a lot of city driving it may be worth it.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Default Extra warranty

I was wrong before. Talked with the dealer again and here in Wisconsin the purchase only includes a 36 month 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The 60,000 number is the powertrain warranty. For $2,600 I get 60 months and 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. i took it because I drive a lot of city miles and usually put on 25,000-30,000 miles a year.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:31 AM

Just bought new 2014 CX-5, GS. We had actually made a deal for a used 2013. I then went online a looked to see what a comparable 2014 would cost. I was surprised to see they had zero percent financing on new ones. I test drove one with the 2.5 litre engine and was sold.

It actually cost less after adding in interest for 4 years on the used!

So far so good. We've had horrible flooding here in Southern Alberta. Picking up a new car on a bleak weekend was a bright spot.

We haven't had a chance to put it through the paces but look forward to a fun summer. I haggled and got the price down but gave it back by getting the DVD package. We take a lot of trips with the kids so the DVD package was important.

It really is zoom-zoom!

Old 06-26-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by beckyvoss
I was wrong before. Talked with the dealer again and here in Wisconsin the purchase only includes a 36 month 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The 60,000 number is the powertrain warranty. For $2,600 I get 60 months and 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. i took it because I drive a lot of city miles and usually put on 25,000-30,000 miles a year.
I had the same questions but came across a consumer report that put it perspective:
Watch for These Car Dealer Sales Pitches | New Car Buying Guide - Consumer Reports

Essentially you're wasting your money. You already have 36 months of coverage. You're not paying for 60 months coverage - you're paying for 24 additional months. You can get coverage from a third party insurance coverage for less money just before the factory warranty expires.

I had a really good salesman but that got tainted when I went into the finance office and got the incredible hard sell for all kinds of things. "It only costs an extra few dollars per month".

Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 PM

Hey all, got my 2014 CX-5 GT a few weeks ago, been enjoying it so far! Curious to see how people end up modding things. Already thinking about a nudge bar myself to protect that massive and flat front bumper/grille. Anyone else done the same? How about rear protection?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:33 PM

Hi, all! I'm fairly new to forums, so, forgive my wordiness.. haha.

I got my new 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Tech Package in Soul Red Mica last Saturday, and I am madly in love with her! I traded in my 2004 Mazda 3i with manual (she had 142k miles on her, the poor thing).

The minute I test drove the CX-5, I was sold. They actually let me drive the Grand Touring, but the one thing I hated about that option was the leather seats - so, really, when it comes down to it, what I ended up with was comparable to the Grand Touring without the leather.

I've been a Mazda fan since the first time I had a Mazda6 as a rental. When I totalled my Honda Civic DX, I immediately took the insurance payment to Mazda and got the 3i. Now that I have the CX-5, I feel like I've upgraded substantially.

I love all the bells and whistles: moonroof (never had one before), built-in navigation (nope, never had that either), back-up camera (nope, not that either). I even have a roof rack that I don't think I'll ever use, but it sure looks damn good. All of the automatic features make me think I've died and gone to heaven - the auto headlights (leveling and day/night mode), the auto windshield wipers, the blind-spot monitoring.. I could go on and on.

I was even willing to accept the automatic transmission over a manual if it meant I could have all the fun features inside and out. I use the manual A/T all the time and get just as much power control as I did with the real manual in the Mazda3 (just now, I don't have to remember a clutch pedal). There is no sense of a lack of power with the A/T.. every day that I drive the CX-5, I giggle to myself a little because the torque is so amazing and the quick reactive nature of the engine give me a jolt, and I end up saying (to myself, or whoever else is in the car with me): "Omigod, I LOVE this thing!"

Bottom line is: I hadn't expected to get a new car right now, but, the one I did end up getting has far exceeded my expectations. She's sexy (especially now with the window tint I had put on yesterday), sleek, wicked-powerful, and luxurious (of course, compared to the 3i with the audio package.. haha).

Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 AM
CX5
Cool Newly converted Mazda owner

Hi guys!

I'm a German car fanatic at heart and have owned plenty of Volkswagen and BMW cars, but I wanted something slightly more reliable and practical. There was just something attracting me this newly styled CX-5. It's quite a stunning looking vehicle; especially in Soul Red Mica Metallic

I'm hoping that the little annoying fixes that will need to get looked at (driver side wind noise, driver side shaking mirror, soft windshield glass) doesn't convince me that I made a mistake not going with the VW Tiguan! Having lived with German over-engineering, I know that things can and will go wrong with ANY make and model of car, therefore I will be patient with my new CX-5 Touring.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Default Loving my new CX-5

Hello folks,

Recently purchased my new 2014 CX-5....and I absolutely LOVE it!! Just found this forum also. What a treasure of info to be found here.

Looking forward to participating.

Zoom Zoom!!

Bon

Old 03-29-2014, 05:05 PM

Welcome Bon Scott and congrats on the new loaded CX-5!

Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Default CX-5 Review

Review of:
New GT AWD; blue/sand nav, etc

Owned for 4 weeks, approx. 1,000 mi

Assessment:
Little sucker is a great value for what you get and a ton of fun to drive.

The very top of its class in both categories

period

Quick Reply: Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!