Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by geekgwk
Callisto: I never knew that you were an expert on everthing!😜

I do appreciate my Sales Rep informing about concern on the red paint. He could have not done this JUST TO MAKE THE SALE. Thank you to him. 👍
Um LOL really so having been very successful in the automotive industry for a "couple" (playfully sarcastic) years in almost all aspect does not make me a little knowledgeable on a few subjects including once even selling NEW MAZDA's?
Hmm?? OK?

As for the salesman you got I am sure that he got his daily "sales spiff" selling you what he wanted to sell you and not what you wanted.... lol

toot ....toot I am blowing my own horn at this point ....
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off...-living-44406/

Old 06-10-2021, 11:40 AM

As Callisto mentioned, the issues with the paints is that some colors are harder to color match for repairs/repainting. Rock ships are an inevitable consequence when driving. Oh, you may help mitigate that by (when possible) avoiding certain roads and staying a good distance from the driver in front of you, but the best way to avoid them is to get PPF - at least on the front end.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:14 AM
Default New Car Paint Protection

I did not purchase the spray protection coating that the dealer was offering for my 2021 CX-9. I took the new car to my local High Definition Auto Care Shop and had him put on the hand-applied

Protective Film
UndrDog ceramic coating along with the Xpel Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film. This is my third white CX and have learned from the past that the paint sticks given no way matches the color with the three stage paint Mazda uses. Highly recommend the peace of mind these paint protectants provide.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:13 PM

I did discover that PPF and Ceramic Coating don't help prevent these types of chips to the SRCM paint on the rear bumper when the driver behind you doesn't stop in time..

Made it to almost 3500 miles before the first body shop visit.

Not sure any other color would have fared any better.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:34 PM
Default So sad…

Bummer!!

Old 08-16-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by kmscheirer
Bummer!!
That wasn't exactly the word I used, but close

Old 11-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by videoman71
I bought my cx5 2 months ago today a paint expert in our area showed me how cheap Mazda was they did not paint the door jams to match the rest of the car he showed me the different in paint color between the outside of car and the door jams have anyone else seen this difference on their cx5 he said they probable saved $300 on each cx5
yes, i noticed that under the hood engine bay the paint looked dull red. Now i know its just a cheap undercoat and not final top coat like the outside Soul RED, 2021.5 Signature model just got a month ago. WOW cheap bums. I guess they spent the money on better under coating with paint? Lets see.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zingowner
Greatly disappointed to see the issues about the Sour Red Crystal Metallic paint. Love that color and that's the color of my 2021 CX-5. However, I had a clear bra (Xpel: full hood wrap, front end and fenders, door cups and edges) installed immediately after buying it and before there were any paint chips. I hope that maybe the chipping issues will pass me by.

Otherwise the car seems to be a good one, but only have 300 miles on it so far. Thanks to all who shared and I hope you all get your concerns properly addressed.
Can you tell us the cost on the clear wrap you used?

Old 08-11-2022, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by jerry84
I paint 1100 for mine (full front bumper, hood and quarter panels). It is 3M. Very happy with it so far. My 19 with no protection had many chips by this point. MGM is my color. Interesting comment about the door jams. Mine are painted just like the rest of the car. Nice and shiny.

Old 08-11-2022, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by jerry84
I had my favorite guy do it and it was $990.00. He also did our new C8 Corvette too and did a great job. But he is normally less expensive than the dealers.

Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic