Soul Red Crystal Metallic - Page 22 - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Old 12-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Sweet Pete- If you love to drive like I do, my wife and I have had a difficult time finding another vehicle in this smallish SUV class that does not float around corners due to soft suspensions. Our main complaint about the CX5 is the engine power, in particular the flat spot when accelerating at about 40 MPH with the AC running. The 2019 GT Reserve should solve this issue but there are trade offs. First, the turbo is only available in AWD which will add weight, reduce acceleration gain, and reduce fuel economy by 10%. Second, in order to get the higher horsepower rating, the new turbo requires premium fuel. If I had to wait for a (maybe) repaint in the spring, I would plead my case to your dealer's Sales Manager and trade up. We are also looking at the GT Reserve option. We have not had any issues from Mazda regarding the costs associated with our repaint.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Mine is snowflake pearl white and I have the same problem. My front bumper looks like a 14 teenager's acned face and I have two large chunks of paint out the hood from stones and can't even see primer under it! WTF?

Old 12-10-2018, 03:23 PM

I got my wife's CX5 GT soul red crystal back this weekend with the bumper cover painted. It looks very good. I would recommend this process to anyone with the patience to do so and good dealer relations.