Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Painful Seat - Seat Hurts

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bird-Dog
Take it to an auto upholsterer and tell them you want softer contoured cushions than stock installed.
Thanks!

Old 10-14-2021, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if enough customers complained to Mazda, because the 2022 models have redesigned seats for every trim that they claim to be more supportive.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:59 PM

In the photos I have seen the seats look exactly the same. I will need to try them out once they hit the lot.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
I still have not solved this problem but noticed that in my case setting the seat to a higher position helps a little bit on longer commutes. I am about the same height and weight as you.

It's indeed a shame that Mazda made such a great car but did not invest enough time/money/research into the seats.
Did the same for my 2021 GTR; higher position seems to alleviate the discomfort a bit. My longest trips to date have been about 90 minutes, but it seems tolerable so far.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:40 PM

I cannot adjust the seat to higher position. That`s the max does not go higher I always set it and like it that way. The problem I have noticed is the seat seems to me like saggy at the back, that`s why feel the pain in my bones I just guess 10 miles drive in the morning is enough to hurts my bones/ butt for the rest of the day The dealer said that everything is normal. Perhaps worn cushion, but he is not sure if the replacement would help $$$

Old 10-15-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdajim18
My wife is driving a 2019 CX-5 GT and has found that despite the many seat adjustments available with the power seats, that the seat cushion causes pain in her tail bone. She has ended up using a memory foam cushion in the seat which defeats the heating and ventilation options. The dealer response is that all of the seats are the same which she confirmed with a tush test. Has anyone figured out a soution other than custom upholster or buying a different car?
Thanks.
Hard Nappa seats! I am going to end up with corns on my tush. I am going to regret these seats. Can't use cushion as heated ventilated seats. The seats are narrow and hard. The new 2022 is supposed to be softer, but i did not want to wait 3 to 4 months. They might be here in Canada in February/March 2022.

Old 10-18-2021, 06:59 PM

Hey all, I've had a good local auto upholstery shop modify seat cushions in some of our car in the past and the seats went from uncomfortable to great. The cost was abut $500, but much cheaper than buying a new car. Just tell the shop where it hurts and they should be able to fix the seats for you. And...you get to enjoy the seat heaters in the winter too.

Good luck all.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:43 PM
Default Hard seats in cx 5 2021.5 model. Nappa leather brown seats

Unfortunately, i have heated and cooled perforated seats. Hence cannot just upholstery them. They will be improving seats to softer seats in 2022 for cx 5. But to late for my butt.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:23 AM
Thumbs up

Nissan seem to be more on the ball, and when the Qashqai (Rogue) was launched in UK, they flagged that
they'd worked with NASA in seat design. Scotty Kilmer also details it in this recent video.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Footwork Autosport
After reading this thread, I'm wondering if enough customers complained to Mazda, because the 2022 models have redesigned seats for every trim that they claim to be more supportive.
Not at all
1 month into a new MY21 Dec build CX5 top range Akera with the Nappa Leather seats.
It's painful literally to drive and after due to the seat width and the side bolsters position & hardness. It's crushed my Sciatic Nerve in my right leg. Had to go see my physio for treatment today. I'm 45 and had Zero Sciatic problems in my life.

It really annoys me about the seats, because the rest of the car is the absolute best! But 1 month in I will now need to find an Upholsterer to adjust, or I will have to consider selling. Not something I want to do after waiting 5 months to drive after ordering.

Quick Reply: Painful Seat - Seat Hurts