Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member here and needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Default New member here and needs advice

Hi everybody,

I just purchased 2 2016 mazda CX-5 GT with technology package (Canadian version). I will be picking up the car this coming friday but I still have up to Thursday to decide on the color. The color I picked is the Red Mica and White Mica (to match my '11 white Mica Mazda 3). So a few questions for every body:

1. Which is better OEM floor liners or OEM all-season mats? Dealer is saying mats as the liners are flimsy, is it true?

2. The cargo cover is not included (rats these dealers make you pay for something that should be included in the first place). Is it really useful on this car? I had those before and on the first day of ownership it went straight to the attic.

3. I opted out of the rust proofing option of the dealer which I know is most of the time pointless. For the CX-5 is rust a problem?

4. Is the chrome package worth it? Where can I find a OEM rather than going to a cheap ebay imitation?

5. I am thinking of applying cquartz on the paint specially on the red to give it a more deeper red and extra sparkle as my other cars have it and looks awesome.

6. Anything else that you guys can think of adding on the car to make it a little stand-out with the rest of the gazillion CX-5 on the road?

If you would ask why I bought 2. One for the parents-in-law and one for myself.

One more thing. Did I get a good deal on the cars? $700 canadian monthly for 60 months 0 interest and 0 down.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:51 PM

For reasons I won't go into, I'm going to pass on responding to your questions, but I did want to correct you on the issue of paint/color nomenclature. The red and white you have selected are not traditional Mazda "mica" colors but "pearlescent" paint jobs. This means they are 3-stage rather than the traditional two step which is what the mica colors are. Think of them as mica paint jobs with an additional pearlescent coat over that. Which, by the way, is why you pay an extra $300 (US$) for these colors. As an aside, they will no doubt be somewhat tricky to properly match should you or your in-laws get in an accident, but they sure are pretty as long as that doesn't happen!

Old 09-29-2015, 08:24 AM

For the mats, I suggest that you go for Weathertech or Husyliners.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 PM

Hi there, I just purchased a CX-5 GT with Tech package this week as well, and am paying $674/month over 60 months also with 0% financing (pays to have a Mazda in the driveway already). I have been doing a lot of research as well, and have found that the 3D Spider floor liners look fantastic and are cheaper than the OEM and the WeatherTec. As for rust proofing, I recommend Krown. They give you a lifetime warranty as long as you have your car sprayed within a month of purchase and every year after. I have had this done on previous vehicles, and although it does cost about $120 annually, it really does work. Enjoy your vehicle, as I know I am going to.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan17
Hi there, I just purchased a CX-5 GT with Tech package this week as well, and am paying $674/month over 60 months also with 0% financing (pays to have a Mazda in the driveway already). I have been doing a lot of research as well, and have found that the 3D Spider floor liners look fantastic and are cheaper than the OEM and the WeatherTec. As for rust proofing, I recommend Krown. They give you a lifetime warranty as long as you have your car sprayed within a month of purchase and every year after. I have had this done on previous vehicles, and although it does cost about $120 annually, it really does work. Enjoy your vehicle, as I know I am going to.
Wow; those Canadian dollars really add up!

Old 10-03-2015, 02:52 PM

The cargo cover works well. It goes up out of the way when you open the hatch so there is no fiddling. It can be bought on line for $135 US new.