Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Navigation Screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Surfbear
Hey Greg,

I just addressed the same issue with my infotainment screen on my recently purchased 2017 CX5. The solution I implemented was to remove the anti-glare 'stain' that was left over on the screen. I used regular household white vinegar
and a micro fiber towel to apply the vinegar.

I picked up a small foam brush with a thin tip to get down inside the bottom edge.

My screen cleaned up beautifully! You can purchase a screen protector if you want (I didn't),
but you'll likely lose the nice matte finish look of the screen if you add a screen protector. I haven't found one with anti-glare.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wow, I hope that works for the OP. Very nice of you to post this. Who would've known!!

Old 02-12-2021, 03:54 AM
Default Smeared Navigation Screen

Dear Surfbear,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply, I really appreciate it. For the time being I am going to write to Mazda Spain to see if I can get them to accept responsibility for this problem, but I'm sure they won't.
Would it not be possible for the members of the Mazda Forum to contact Mazda Japan and ask them to address the problems that we are having with our cars?

When Mazda refuse to help I intend to create a bit of a s..t storm over here by contacting motoring press, national newspapers, Facebook etc.

Thanks again.

Greg.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:46 PM

Unfortunately, it is often just dealer to dealer variation between folks who get a response and those who don't. Is there another dealer in Spain you can try? Calling Mazda Spain is a great idea for sure too.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by gregboy
Dear Surfbear,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply, I really appreciate it. For the time being I am going to write to Mazda Spain to see if I can get them to accept responsibility for this problem, but I'm sure they won't.
Would it not be possible for the members of the Mazda Forum to contact Mazda Japan and ask them to address the problems that we are having with our cars?

When Mazda refuse to help I intend to create a bit of a s..t storm over here by contacting motoring press, national newspapers, Facebook etc.

Thanks again.

Greg.
Good luck. Hope that works out. If it doesn't at least you know how to restore your screen's appearance.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Surfbear;191715]Good luck. Hope that works out. If it doesn't at least you know how to restore your screen's appearance. [/QUOTE

I would hope the OP would try your (simple) fix and see if it corrects the issue. If it does, he can avoid the hassle and aggravation with having to mix it up with the dealer or Mazda corporate.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=bobm;191716]
Originally Posted by Surfbear
Good luck. Hope that works out. If it doesn't at least you know how to restore your screen's appearance. [/QUOTE

I would hope the OP would try your (simple) fix and see if it corrects the issue. If it does, he can avoid the hassle and aggravation with having to mix it up with the dealer or Mazda corporate.
Only problem with that is that if it does not solve the problem, it gives Mazda the excuse to blame it on him for using non-approved cleaning methods.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=schmieg;191721]
Originally Posted by bobm
Only problem with that is that if it does not solve the problem, it gives Mazda the excuse to blame it on him for using non-approved cleaning methods.

Good points. But he could take a picture of the current screen. His problem is already on record with his dealership and he has documentation of that. I don't think that the suggested fix would be something that can be "traceable" by Mazda anyhow.