Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Navigation Screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by gregboy
Thank you very much. I'll let you know how I get on.

Incidentially I have a court case against Mazda on the 1st. March because of defective paint on my car, Soul Red Crystal. I absolutely love the car but really nobody should be having these problems in this day and age and Mazda should take ownership of the paint problem and fix it.

Kind regards.

Greg.
Whooooah. WTF? What happened with the paint? Ok, so you are at least familiar with speaking with Mazda and going further if needed.

Old 02-07-2021, 04:15 AM

Very familiar with speaking to Mazda having written to Akira Maramoto, CEO Japan.

Soul red crystal is defective. I paid 900€ extra for this option on my car and it's a disaster. See Facebook Soul Red Crystal problems and Change.Org https://www.change.org/p/mazda-cx-5-...recall-is-need
Between these two sites 3500 people have signed a petition for Mazda to take responsibility for the defective paint.

Very many thanks.

Greg.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:41 AM

Very familiar with speaking to Mazda having written to Akira Maramoto, CEO Japan.

Soul red crystal is defective. I paid 900€ extra for this option on my car and it's a disaster. See Facebook Soul Red Crystal problems and Change.Org https://www.change.org/p/mazda-cx-5-...recall-is-need
Between these two sites 3500 people have signed a petition for Mazda to take responsibility for the defective paint.

Very many thanks.

Greg.
Wow, that's incredible - in a bad way. Even though that Soul Red color is defective and seems to be an outlier, on my last few cars and currently on my CX-5, I have a protective film (XPEL) applied to the hood, front fenders, A columns,door handle cups, back plate of trunk mirrors and front part of hood. To me, with the crappy roads around here, it's a worthy investment. But of course as luck would have it, as I was driving home from NYC, another car zipped by and sent a good sized rock into my door! Dime size dent down to bare metal. Got it fixed locally with a dent repair shop.

Old 02-07-2021, 04:00 PM

I am just two months out of the guarantee. As you can see it's behind the glass. I think that the anti glare treatment is flaking off. When I bought the car I was told by Mazda to only use the microfibre cloth that they provided to clean the screen, and that is what I have done.

Many thanks.

Greg

I have a 2017 CX5 I purchased last month and it shows the exact same issue you've pictured here. I spent hours looking online for a possible solutions. After watching a dozen videos, I attempted to clean the screen using recommended 'safe' materials.

I used vinegar and water, a citric acid cleaner, just water and a micro-fiber cloth and lastly a magic eraser. Although the screen is a lot cleaner, the issue still shows. It does behave as if there's some type of separation behind a screen protector, but there doesn't appear to be one. If anyone comes up with a solution, please post it here. Thank you!

The vehicle is under a 90 day 4,000 mile warranty from the service where I purchased it, not sure if it would cover the screen on the head unit.

Old 02-07-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Surfbear
I have a 2017 CX5 I purchased last month and it shows the exact same issue you've pictured here. I spent hours looking online for a possible solutions. After watching a dozen videos, I attempted to clean the screen using recommended 'safe' materials.

I used vinegar and water, a citric acid cleaner, just water and a micro-fiber cloth and lastly a magic eraser. Although the screen is a lot cleaner, the issue still shows. It does behave as if there's some type of separation behind a screen protector, but there doesn't appear to be one. If anyone comes up with a solution, please post it here. Thank you!

The vehicle is under a 90 day 4,000 mile warranty from the service where I purchased it, not sure if it would cover the screen on the head unit.
I would bring it to their attention along with a copy of the pdf in this thread. If no satisfaction - bring it up to Mazda USA.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by bobm
I would bring it to their attention along with a copy of the pdf in this thread. If no satisfaction - bring it up to Mazda USA.
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. Very much appreciated.

Old 02-08-2021, 02:16 PM

Hi there,
I have a 2017 CX5 with only 25000 kms. and the navigation screen is all marked. Reading on the internet I think the anti glare film is coming off and unfortunately I am just out of the warranty. I have never used any cleaning products on it only a microfibre cloth.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem apart from spending a fortune on a new screen.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

Greg.

gmccann@msn.com
I had the exact same issue! So here's my update! I watched a couple of Youtube videos where they described this issue on screens. It was called a 'stained' screen and apparently it happened on some Mac laptop screens as well. The solution to the problem they offered was to use and agent to clean of the 'stained' screen entirely. One guy used Listerene and another guy used vinegar. I got my supplies together (White vinegar, latex gloves, microfiber towel and some Q tips). I used the microfiber towel and did the
main body of the infotainment screen, and used Q tips for the bottom edge of the screen to avoid making contact with the dash.

The vinegar worked like a charm! The screen looks brand new! I guess the only issue could be glare now that there is no anti-glare layer, but after taking the vehicle for a test drive it doesn't seem like it's a problem. I'm considering getting a screen protector but am going to wait and see
how I feel about it in a few days. Hope this helps someone else!

Here's the youtube video I found demonstrating the use of vinegar to remove the imperfections on a laptop screen.
​​​​​​​

Old 02-11-2021, 08:34 AM
Default Smeared Navigation Screen CX5

Hi there,

Just to let you know that Mazda Spain, where I live, have told me that I am out of the guarantee, only by two months, and therefore they cannot repair the screen. They also told me that the pdf. which I gave to them has no sifnificance and they are ignoring it. They told me that It would cost approximately 2000€ to replace the screen.

This so unfair but I just don't know what to do.

Kind regards and thanks for all your help so far.

Greg.

Old 02-11-2021, 04:10 PM

Hi there,

Just to let you know that Mazda Spain, where I live, have told me that I am out of the guarantee, only by two months, and therefore they cannot repair the screen. They also told me that the pdf. which I gave to them has no sifnificance and they are ignoring it. They told me that It would cost approximately 2000€ to replace the screen.

Greg.
I'm sorry to hear their response. I really am. To say "2 months out, tough you are own your own" is a very poor and unacceptable response and does nothing to instill customer goodwill and loyalty - to say the least.
And for the life of me, I don't understand why they negated that pdf.

Old 02-11-2021, 05:01 PM

Hi there,

Greg.
Hey Greg,

I just addressed the same issue with my infotainment screen on my recently purchased 2017 CX5. The solution I implemented was to remove the anti-glare 'stain' that was left over on the screen. I used regular household white vinegar
and a micro fiber towel to apply the vinegar.

I picked up a small foam brush with a thin tip to get down inside the bottom edge.

My screen cleaned up beautifully! You can purchase a screen protector if you want (I didn't),
but you'll likely lose the nice matte finish look of the screen if you add a screen protector. I haven't found one with anti-glare.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: Navigation Screen