Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 06:28 AM
Default Navigation Screen

Hi there,
I have a 2017 CX5 with only 25000 kms. and the navigation screen is all marked. Reading on the internet I think the anti glare film is coming off and unfortunately I am just out of the warranty. I have never used any cleaning products on it only a microfibre cloth.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem apart from spending a fortune on a new screen.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

Greg.

gmccann@msn.com

Old 02-01-2021, 08:49 AM

There is no anti-glare film. It's just protective film that should have been removed during prep. Just peel it off yourself.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Default CX5 Navigation screen

Thank you so much for your reply but there is no film to peel off. The actual glass or behind the glass is smeared.

Kind regards.

Greg.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:34 PM

So it is greasy and smeared within the glass? Maybe there is some separation where dirt and fluids enter the screen. Can you post a picture?

Old 02-05-2021, 04:25 AM
Angry Smeared navigation screen

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
So it is greasy and smeared within the glass? Maybe there is some separation where dirt and fluids enter the screen. Can you post a picture?
I am just two months out of the guarantee. As you can see it's behind the glass. I think that the anti glare treatment is flaking off. When I bought the car I was told by Mazda to only use the microfibre cloth that they provided to clean the screen, and that is what I have done.

Many thanks.

Greg

Old 02-05-2021, 11:59 AM
BWJ

Mayby the same issue .

Attached Files
Old 02-05-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by BWJ
Mayby the same issue .
I think you may have found the issue. THANKS!
To the OP, I would bring a printout of this file and show it to my dealership. Also, even if perchance this file does not reflect your situation and a different cause is found, I would appeal to the Service Manager, since this is only 2 months out of warranty.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:42 AM

Thank you very much for your reply and the pdf but I don't really understand what it is.

I have an appointment with the Mazda garage on Tuesday morning 9th. but I guess they will just tell I'm out of warranty and that's that.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by gregboy
Thank you very much for your reply and the pdf but I don't really understand what it is.

I have an appointment with the Mazda garage on Tuesday morning 9th. but I guess they will just tell I'm out of warranty and that's that.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.
That pdf shows that Mazda has a recognized problem with the screen - which I think may be the issue you are experiencing. I would print it up and show the Service Manager. If it is not the same issue - and I would argue that it is or at least similar enough and note that there is a problem with some Mazda screens and they still say - "too bad,,out of warranty" I would be on the phone in 2 minutes with Customer Service at Mazda USA. This problem should not be happening in a properly maintained screen even if it's 10 years old.

Old 02-06-2021, 08:26 AM

Thank you very much. I'll let you know how I get on.

Incidentially I have a court case against Mazda on the 1st. March because of defective paint on my car, Soul Red Crystal. I absolutely love the car but really nobody should be having these problems in this day and age and Mazda should take ownership of the paint problem and fix it.

Kind regards.

Greg.

Quick Reply: Navigation Screen