Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 CX-5, disable seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 02:25 PM

My guess is that they are not using the belt at all. If that's the case might as well buckle it up and sit on it. If the * air "BAGS" get deployed well maybe next time they wont think the seat belt chime is so irritating?

* research the most common and highest percentage of auto accidents in the US starting from you home to.....

Old 07-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Default Seat belt chime -

My axiom in life ....If it cant hurt and it MIGHT help , do it , If it cant help and it MIGHT hurt , dont do it ...,.

. so where does this one fall ?
Its called common sense -

Old 07-08-2023, 05:05 AM

Sig, check your messages....

Old 07-08-2023, 08:27 AM

Old 04-24-2024, 11:50 PM

I fall somewhere in the middle on this issue. I do not need to be reminded to buckle up. I am not a 5 year old, or of diminished cognitive ability. At the very least give me a 30 second grace period to buckle up before nagging me. And yes it IS that obnoxious! My wife hates it! She temporarily unbuckles on road trips to grab something from the back seat, and the nagging is immediate.

And while I am at it. I don't need a nag message warning me each time the car is started that I need to not play with the entertainment center while driving, I also get another nag message telling me that I need to enable the communications to get all the " Gee Whiz Stuff and that 911 will continue to work if I do not enable it". It gives me two options. ENABLE and CANCEL. Where is the DISABLE option? I called Mazda Support in an effort to have them disable the nagware, and they were supposed to address the issue within 72 business hours. That deadline passed 6 hours ago.

This is on my almost new 2023 CX-5.

I am very close to digging into the cab to find the telemetry systems (cellular modem) and pulling the plug on it.

I like choices. I own the car. It is paid for. I don't need a constant data stream emanating from my car to Mazda HQ. I don't need or want 911 support. And no amount of nagging will convince me to sign up for it. It will incite me to take action and seek a solution form Mazda.

Other than the nagware, I love the car. Fit and finish is outstanding. Excellent design. I still own and drive my 1993 Mazda Miata LE. 67K miles on it. Mazda makes outstanding products.

BTW, I don't even own a cell phone. (well I do but it is a secure Linux based cell phone with no back doors in the hardware or software (open source HW and SW) Gave them up 10 years ago due to privacy issues.