Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Technique for remote window opening.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 01:03 AM
Default Technique for remote window opening.

I hadIt appears previously asked on whether the windows on a 2024 could be opened with the remote. This is handy on a hot day without a remote start! I have since found out that this indeed is possible, as we have done it on several occasions, but not always! It appears that success varies with the technique, but we have not yet discovered exactly what it is. We know that it is three presses of the opener and hold down on the fourth, but how fast and how long is the pause? Any ideas?

Old 04-20-2024, 01:45 PM

Thank, I just tried this technique on my 23 Carbon and it works. Doesn't open the sunroof, just the four windows. I hit the four presses pretty fast, less than one second between. Wish it opened the sunroof, haha, thanks, again.

Old 04-20-2024, 08:48 PM

Thank You! It's the way that it is described in the manual that we find confusing, "Press the lock button three times and then immediately hold it down"! It sounds like you do something differently for the fourth press! Why not just press it four times and hold down on the fourth? I did a bit of searching on this and it appears there is a real random degree of success on this working. I am thinking that this is possible on ALL models, but many are just out on the timing?

Old 04-23-2024, 12:07 PM

Be Careful, ask me how I know. I confirmed that on my 23 Carbon 3 quick presses of the lock button and holding the 4th does open your windows. But be aware that 4 quick presses and holding the 5th puts your key fob into 'sleep mode'. It won't allow you to open a locked door with a door handle button push and you cannot start your engine unless you actually use the fob to touch and push the start button. If you accidentally do this, 4 quick presses and holding the 5th puts the key fob back onto 'normal mode'.

Old 04-23-2024, 01:52 PM

I have to ask.
Why would you want to remotely open your windows?

Old 04-23-2024, 07:44 PM

As I said in the first post, it's really handy on a hot day to cool down the car for a few minutes before you get in!

Old 04-23-2024, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tom&Max
Be Careful, ask me how I know. I confirmed that on my 23 Carbon 3 quick presses of the lock button and holding the 4th does open your windows. But be aware that 4 quick presses and holding the 5th puts your key fob into 'sleep mode'. It won't allow you to open a locked door with a door handle button push and you cannot start your engine unless you actually use the fob to touch and push the start button. If you accidentally do this, 4 quick presses and holding the 5th puts the key fob back onto 'normal mode'.
I wonder if this only applies to the 'Smart opening'? We dont have a button on the handle. But we will watch out for this happening, thanks!

Old 04-24-2024, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by orion
As I said in the first post, it's really handy on a hot day to cool down the car for a few minutes before you get in!
Sorry, I missed that.
While it might take slightly longer opening the hatch would achieve the same results.
Plus, it would only require one button press with minimal finger reflex/dexterity/timing skills required .

Old 04-24-2024, 08:15 AM

it was three taps to the UNLOCK and hold on the 4th....if you use the LOCK button...you'lll have to listen to the horn blow 4 times

Old 04-24-2024, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Sorry, I missed that.
While it might take slightly longer opening the hatch would achieve the same results.
Plus, it would only require one button press with minimal finger reflex/dexterity/timing skills required .
Not all models have that feature, ours doesn't !

Quick Reply: Technique for remote window opening.