General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Radio code reset

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Default Mazda 6 TS2 licensed in UK Sept-07

Hi, another grateful Mazda owner wanting to thank Blue and everyone else, who has contributed. Like so many others this procedure worked for me, just wanted to reinforce one element, which was huge source of frustration. Having lived without the radio for a while, I tried to deliberately force CODE into ERR but regardless of how many times I tried, I could not get the radio to lock out. Then I recalled one contribution, which suggested disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to force the radio to CODE, I was then able to input three 'wrong' codes and the display finally went to flashing ERR and the rest was exactly as promised.

For the record, the Mazda dealer wanted £30 to reset the unit. While acknowledging that this thread makes a nonsense out of the anti-theft device, as a bona fide Mazda owner (who bought my ex-lease hire vehicle through a large institution, which simply does not cater for such trivialities as passing on security codes), I am hugely grateful to this thread not for saving me £30 but taking the needless hassle out of something as routine as changing a battery!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM

Finally managed to get radio working again, I have a mazda 3 mps 57 plate and had tried all codes etc nothing worked. Whilst Err is flashing I pressed round power button and FM1/2 together for 10 seconds, radio give a bleep and is now back in action.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Smile very happy lady!!

i couldn't see anyone with a premacy sport 02, so i didn't hold out much hope, i tried 4989 several times, and it didn't work! i came back and read through loads of threads and seen matts 1414 code...tried it, and it worked!!! So happy!! thank you blue and matt!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 PM

Hi, I have an oldish 323, not sure of the year, radio problem err, tried Blue's method and entered the 4989 but "Good" did not come up - just err again. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 AM

Well, had to register just to say thanks for the code. Mazda dealer wanted £48 to unlock the radio in my recently acquired 02 Tribute, plus a 35 mole round trip. 10 minutes on here and job done. The 1414 code did it for me. Thanks all.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Smile

Thank you for the advice . 4989 worked on our 05 Mazda 2 1.4

Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Serge_msk
Hello,
First of all I want to thank you guys! I had the same problem after disconnecting the battery and now it is over.
I also want to thank guys from Topcarpart.com - who gave me the link to this thread. I have nothing new to say but I want to help Russian Mazda owners and dublicate the instructions in Russian language so that people in Russia could find this thread (I hope administrator don't mind). In brief, I have 2006 Mazda 6 for Russian market(probably the same as Europe) and for me the combination 6 - AM - AutoM - SeekUp worked well! The code was 4989! I had only one problem confirming the code with AutoM and 6 buttons. I thought it should be pressed and hold together. The right way is to press and hold AutoM and then press and hold 6 without releasing AutoM button! Thank you guys once again!
Message for Russians:
Сброс ошибки магнитолы ERR на автомобилях Мазда.
Если магнитола требует ввести код, а Вы его не знаете, то сделайте следующее(если у Вас уже мигает ERR, то переходите к пункту 5):
1. Поверните ключ зажигания в позицию ACC.
2. Введите любые четыре цифры(Для ввода используйте клавиши памяти шести радиостанций с цифрами 1, 2, 3, 4. Цифры 5 и 6 не трогайте. Для ввода первой цифры нужно нажимать клавишу 1 несколько раз, пока не появится нужная цифра. Остальные цирфры вводим аналогично.)
3. Нажмите кнопку AutoM и, не отпуская ее, кнопку 6. Не нажимайте их вместе!
4. Повторите это процедуру 3 раза, пока на дисплее не появится мигающее сообщение ERR.
5. Нажмите следующие клавиши 6, AM, AutoM, Seek up. Нажимать и отпускать нужно по одной клавише именно в этой последовательности. По оканчании ввода Вы увидете четыре полоски (- - - -) для ввода кода.
6. Введите цифры кода, как было описано выше. После ввода нажмите кнопку AutoM и, не отпуская ее, кнопку 6. Не нажимайте их вместе! Вы увидите надпись GOOD. Магнитола готова к работе.
Список возможных кодов: 4989, 1414, 3511, 5989, 3211, 2312, 0532, 5011, 0000.
7. Установите новый код, как указано в мануале к Вашему авто.
Just signed up to say massive Thank you to OP and above and that it was 3511 from the quoted post that worked on our Mazda 5 2005 model for anyone that needs it. Cheers!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by morrice
Finally managed to get radio working again, I have a mazda 3 mps 57 plate and had tried all codes etc nothing worked. Whilst Err is flashing I pressed round power button and FM1/2 together for 10 seconds, radio give a bleep and is now back in action.
Originally Posted by morrice
Flippin' hell - after being quoted £50 by Mazda, for my Mazda 5 (57 plate), I tried looking online for a solution. I think I tried every single code posted on the net, over a period of a few months, and finally decided that I'd need to get a new radio (as I didn't want to give the money to Mazda).

Logged in here for one final check and saw morrice's post. Seemed far too simple but gave it a go anyway. OMG it worked!! Basically Mazda wanted to charge me a nifty for them to press 2 buttons!!

Thank you Morrice!!!!!!

Last edited by Onenil; 01-08-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to add car model
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Default 2003 Mazda 323 Astina (Australia)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I recently had a flat battery and Code showed up, but I have no idea where I have safely stashed the code for my radio.

I had trouble getting the Err code to come up, but read another post to press the Auto M then the 6, where I was trying to do them at the same time (following the manual). Once I got the Err code up 4989 worked a treat on my '03 323 Astina.

Thanks Blue! I don't even want to think what the dealership would have charged me to fix it.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Default Reset radio code

Hi people. Many thanks for all the posts. I have a 2002 UK registered Mazda 3. I tried the 'press the round power button and fm12' proceedure, but that didn't work. I then tried the various codes listed in the forum. The one that did work was -press preset 6, am, auto m, seek^. Input 1414. Press and hold auto m then (while holding auto m) press and hold preset 6. It came up good!

Quick Reply: Mazda Radio code reset