Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Mazda Radio code reset (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/general-tech-6/mazda-radio-code-reset-15083/)

Blue_SP20 07-17-2008 05:28 AM

Mazda Radio code reset

Hi people,
Im going to hopefuly help alot of people out, but at the same time will upset Mazda dealers.

I have the code to unlock Mazda radios the have 'ERR' due to 3 wrong codes. Do not listen to mazda book that states 3 wrong codes make CD playing Inop req replacement...
121 Metro DW10*2 > 203028, MX5 NB30P2,
Milennia,323 BJ10*2, 626 GF10S2, Tribute.
Step one:- press one at a time- preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).
Step Two:-Input this number, 4989.
Step Three:- Press and hold Auto M and Preset 6 together.
Step Four:- The Word 'GOOD' will appear on the screen indicated that the radio will work.
Step Five:- Reprogram new Antitheft code into radio as per instrution manual.
Hope this helps some people out, save you some money as so.

virgin1 07-17-2008 05:33 AM

RE: Mazda Radio code reset

Good info for those that need it, Blue. Thanks!!

Blue_SP20 07-17-2008 05:38 AM

Yeh i had been looking the net for info on it with no luck, as a mechanic i used my contacts to dodge the Mazda stuff around and found this, i have used it on my 2003 SP20 tonight and it worked, so good luck to other ppl who need there radios unlocked.

Steve G6 01-17-2009 08:54 AM

:DThank you Blue. I have a UK Mazda 6S 2002 and did not get a code from the previous owner. I took a deep breath and set the wrong code 3 times to get "err".

Just a couple of points.

Turn the Ignition off and then back to ACC before starting Step one.
After the work GOOD appears, turn the ignition OFF then back to ACC.

don3bk 02-10-2009 11:13 AM

Further question about reset procedure

Thanks for the info, Blue! I had a feeling there must be a better way than the dealer explained; he would take out the radio, send it to the importer, where it would take three weeks or more (with me driving around with a hole in the dashboard), and it would be reset for a fee. Better than having to buy a new one, but ....

Mine is a Mazda Premacy from 2001/2002. Using your routine did not give the desired result, but I think this may be due to a slightly different procedure to initially enter the code. My manual states that the AUDIO and AUTO/M keys must be pressed simultaneously, after which -- -- -- -- appears to enter the code. These buttons are to the right of the display, with AUDIO above AUTO/M. Preset 6 is not mentioned in my manual. By the way, my radio must be an older model: it has a tape cassette player instead of CD.

Question 1: Which keys must be used, according to your manual, to startup of the setting according to your manual?
Question 2: In your procedure, after your Step one, does "-- -- -- --" pop up to put in the number 4989?

Don3bk

steveeeee 03-02-2009 04:17 PM

Blue_SP20 Thanks so much for posting these instructions! I was able to unlock the stereo in my wife's 2004 UK Mazda 6 without having to pay our local dealer. It's funny, cos they were talking about having to hook up some special equipment and call Mazda to get it re-activated.

thrapstongeezer 03-07-2009 06:38 AM

My thanks too to Blue. :) These instructions worked perfectly on my Mazda 6 Zugara and saved me time and money in going to my local Mazda dealer.

NightSwimmer 03-18-2009 08:15 PM

I once had this problem with a Miata. I recently purchased a used MPV. Do all Mazda stereos have this issue, or only certain models?

NightSwimmer 03-23-2009 11:51 AM

I can answer my own question now. The anti-theft feature does not affect all Mazda stereos. :)

michelle 04-06-2009 12:37 PM

didn't work

i have an additional question for the code reset. i have a 2005 mazda 3.
I entered the wrond code 3 times and was err out.

i was able to complete step 1, 2 and 3 but it didn't write good it kept the err.
is there another/different code i can use?