General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Radio code reset

Old 06-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Default For NZ 626 model with CD on top of Cassette (double DIN)

Old thread but hey, this may be of use

I've not seen this sequence anywhere, so it may work for those who havent had any luck yet -

PRESS: SCAN / FM1/2 / Auto-M / FF or Scan (up>)

this will bring up the - - - - for code entry

enter the code 4989 (only one that worked for me)

Then press "Auto-M" and hold while then pressing "Scan" for about 2 secs and it will unlock.

It was basically luck that brought me to those combinations - id just emailed the local Mazda dealership I was that desperate for a code! dont have to worry about that now.

Originally Posted by Blue_SP20
Hi people,
Im going to hopefuly help alot of people out, but at the same time will upset Mazda dealers.

I have the code to unlock Mazda radios the have 'ERR' due to 3 wrong codes. Do not listen to mazda book that states 3 wrong codes make CD playing Inop req replacement...
121 Metro DW10*2 > 203028, MX5 NB30P2, Milennia,323 BJ10*2, 626 GF10S2, Tribute.Step one:- press one at a time- preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).Step Two:-Input this number, 4989.Step Three:- Press and hold Auto M and Preset 6 together.Step Four:- The Word 'GOOD' will appear on the screen indicated that the radio will work.Step Five:- Reprogram new Antitheft code into radio as per instrution manual.
Hope this helps some people out, save you some money as so.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Default cd player 2009 Mazda tribute

The 5 slot CD player changes slots when car is not running thus battery goes dead. Sometimes radio does not come on. And sometime oil signal says check oil and it's fine. I'm senior lady who has resorted to spare battery and bumper cables as local Mazda is a thief.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:23 AM
Default Re: Mazda Radio code reset

Blue_SP20 thanks!
The code worked. You're phenomenal! My radio now works well. God bless you real good.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:06 PM

Gday all. I am new to this forum. I have a 1999 mazda astina 323 the original bj model and i am having thpe err code showing after 3 failed attempts. I have looked at this forum to find the answer i need but my radio only has 5 presets not 6 so this one isnt working can you please help.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:12 AM
Thumbs up Hire Car & Delinquent Owner

Hi Mazda Owners,
Perhaps my one & only post here.
I've a hired Mazda 3 (I see in neighboring countries they are badged as an SP) but not in South Africa. The owner decided to go MIA (as he so often does) on Christmas eve when the battery went from 1st turn the day before to dead that morning (dead cell). I looked in the logbook, saw the owners notation for 'My Birthday' on the page, so using this I tried 3 permutations of the date & locked the Infotainment Computer up. Fortunately the Management Co. came to my rescue with payment for the new battery quickly. But as of New Years eve now, the guy with no understanding on business behavior that has been paid for 2 new Mazda 3's, with my money - has still not contacted me back. After stressing that I'd need to cough up a substantial few 000's for a new Radio/Computer, I got to thinking "wait a mo, there must be a way round it.", as criminals always by-pass these things & us ordinary folk get left having to 'do-the-right-thing' by paying to correct them. Lo & behold, this site with you clever people on it!
Long & short of it is # 3511 worked on the car. Many thanks to all that offered advise. So to others in RSA & other SADC countries supplied by SA Mazdas, what worked for me, should work for you. Follow the directions. If it doesn't work 1st time, it means you may have made an error, try again as I did. I went through all codes, ERR remained. 2nd time round the last of the 4 permutations did it! Woopee! Many thanks.
To favour the owner in kind, he'll have to go to the same worry & effort I've been put through as his 'unknown code' is now 'deactivated'. Raspberry! Not all Mazda Forums had this advice.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Bohme
Gday all. I am new to this forum. I have a 1999 mazda astina 323 the original bj model and i am having thpe err code showing after 3 failed attempts. I have looked at this forum to find the answer i need but my radio only has 5 presets not 6 so this one isnt working can you please help.
Matt, on this Mazda 3, preset '6' is the last on the row. Not saying that it'll work, but why not try '5', as it is the last digit, on your system. They normally follow behavioral patterns over the years to standardise. You've nothing to loose, the thing's locked already mate. But maybe someone with a similar model will answer be more constructive/knowledgable.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Default Radio code

Also had this problem did you get an answer of somebody?

Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem that my radio shows the error after a flat battery. The model of my car is a Mazda 6 GG1 from 2007. Does anybody know which code might work on this radio? As far as I read, 1411 is the standard code for Mazda 3, but which one is it for my car?
Thanks a lot.

Edit: Worked now with the Code 4989. Thanks

Last edited by cannabis; 04-04-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Edit: Worked now with the Code 4989. Thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Default Mazda 6 Radio Reset

He& discovered a bunch of codes & tried most - eventually came right. Glad you got it sorted. All the best.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:08 AM
Default MX 5 NB Australian

I don't have a preset 6 on my radio, but there's a SCAN button to the right of preset 5 so I tried that instead and it worked just fine. Didn't even need to reset the code after getting to the GOOD stage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda Radio code reset