General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

EGR and clutch travels to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Default EGR and clutch travels to the floor

Two questions about a recent purchase, i picked up a 94 mazda 626, 2.0, with about 210k.. anyways its a beater in my eyes and want to keep it running so im curious to see what people say to my questions read on..

~ i have a clutch that travels to the floor whenever i hold it down, i have bled the system and replaced the the master because the old one was shot but still has not fixed the problem any answers? i have no problems with shifting it just likes to take a trip to the floor?

~ whenever i drive in the the first 10 mins of driving my engine light comes on and the RPMs jump up and down like the car is going to stall but stays running the other day my car wouldnt start but finally started smelled like gas also made a squelling noise around the belt area..i ran the car for about 30 mins home and it sat till the next day at which time it had a dead battery when i went to start, i charged the battery and checked to see if maybe i had a bad alt by removing the neg on the battery but the car stayed running eliminating the alternator problem maybe? i dont think its the fuel pump could this also be a egr sensor?? i also replaced the fuel filter..

i never had problems with the car the past 4 months but it seems to be dying is this possible??

Old 09-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Default RE: EGR and clutch travels to the floor

Theclutch hydraulics consists of a master cylinder a slave cylinder and the line. If the slave cylinder leaks you can pull the rubber boot back a bit and see it. It only has 1 cup so leaks externally. If you see no leaks there or from a line then you got a bad master cylinder.
As far as the time it did not start it sounds like your battery was dieing and the car flooded from turning over too slow. Once it did start your altenator went full field to compensate the bad/weak/battery.explaining the squeeling noise.
At over 200k miles there would be a lot of suspects as far as the surging goes. Fuel pressure regulator/coil/fuel pump/tune/dirty MAF hotwire/dirty injectors/partially clogged converter/water thermo sensor/poor harness connection. lots of stuff to check.