Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 02:50 AM
Default Update From Mazda NZ

Hello,

I've just had some positive news when I spoke to a technician who works at the Mazda head office here in New Zealand. He advised me that replacement modules are due to arrive within a few weeks. He didn't elaborate on what the module was and couldn't tell me if it was a full replacement head unit. He did however say that it was the Mazda fix for the iPod and Bluetooth problems. As you know they've been working on this for ages! He said the news has only just come in from Mazda Japan. I'm sure many of you will start hearing the same story.

The backlash from people here has been intense according to this guy, and we are such a small country! I believe that Mazda finally do have a fix on the way.

I asked him to send me updates, the kiwi folks here are usually reliable so hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks with good news. I'll certainly keep you updated.

I found the best way to get reliable info was to call the Mazda head office, the dealerships are useless and don't give out any tangible information.

Just a quick shoutout to Dan who did the petition, mate thanks for organising that. Maybe that was the push Mazda needed!

Old 06-06-2014, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by nhbob
I believe the best approach to getting this solved is to get some media attention. Perhaps provide a copy of the petition and a letter from each person on this Forum to every car reviewing magazine and company site including Blue Book and JD Powers. If anyone knows someone at the major networks, then contact one of the network investigating reporters.

My wife's son bought a 2015 Mazda6 w/ the same problem.

I may give Mazda a call and register my complaint. May not hurt to ask them if they know of any class action lawsuits on the issue. Obviously, a relatively minor item, but the distraction caused by trying to get our iPods working could cause be troublesome.

Cars have been connecting to iPods for 5 years or more -- this is ridiculous!

Last edited by torpeau; 06-06-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:09 AM

i have also been told this from my local UK mazda electrical technician that there is a fix coming ,mind you i was given a date of the end of may

Old 06-08-2014, 05:31 AM

Got my 6 straight out of Jpn in May and quickly found the "Ground Hog Day" scenario with the USB. I quickly switched to Bluetooth to try and achieve the digital variety you would expect from a modern car you paid $40k for. Amazingly the car switched my Samsung shuffle off! Of course given it didn't connect for about 30 seconds you're halfway down the street fumbling through your phone to turn shuffle back on. Not real safe, so while I wait for Mazda to fix this obvious mistake I have been making MP3 CD's which work perfectly; as the other aforementioned media should.
You would expect there is an ex Mazda audio manager currently looking for work........

Old 06-08-2014, 03:10 PM

I took my car back to the dealership I purchased it from to pick up the license plates and decided to ask the service department about the Ipod Issue. He had no idea what I was talking about which I find strange since it is a big dealership and a big issue and I couldn't have been the only one to bring it up. I asked him to note in my file the problem I am having and that I want it to be addressed. Mazda never replied to my email and I may try calling this week because the Ipod problem being fixed would almost make the car perfect (someone just put a 1/2" deep door scrape on my 3 week old car). Can someone post the petition again if its still open?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jayally
I took my car back to the dealership I purchased it from to pick up the license plates and decided to ask the service department about the Ipod Issue. He had no idea what I was talking about which I find strange since it is a big dealership and a big issue and I couldn't have been the only one to bring it up. I asked him to note in my file the problem I am having and that I want it to be addressed. Mazda never replied to my email and I may try calling this week because the Ipod problem being fixed would almost make the car perfect (someone just put a 1/2" deep door scrape on my 3 week old car). Can someone post the petition again if its still open?
You can find the petition here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/mazd...uiter=26918914

Old 06-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by ganeshpr
Thanks! Petition signed and hopefully this is posted on more sites.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by jayally
I took my car back to the dealership I purchased it from to pick up the license plates and decided to ask the service department about the Ipod Issue. He had no idea what I was talking about which I find strange since it is a big dealership and a big issue and I couldn't have been the only one to bring it up.

Yeah, probably saves time and simpler for the dealer to deny knowledge and offer to check it out. Otherwise, it could be a long, time-consuming discussion that could draw the attention of other customers.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Default iphone voice diredtions

Originally Posted by liza0714
I have an iphone 5 and I am not having that issue with my 2014. Maybe take it back to the dealer?
i am having voice directions promblems with my iphone works at first then doesnt very frustrating when i drive alone i need to hear directions but it does work sometimes but doesnt the next time or works when it wants too
i own 2014 cx5

Old 06-23-2014, 03:29 AM
Default Breaking News!

Hi All,

Last week I was contacted by my trusty mate at Mazda Head Office in NZ. He explained that the replacement modules had arrived and he had one reserved for my CX-9. See the attached photo I took of this Bluetooth module. It has the following printed on it:

BLUETOOTH QD ID B017721
P/N 2145650-2
Date: 02 April 2014

As soon as I picked up my car I tried my iPod Classic 120GB 6th Gen.

On the first plugin, it started from the letter A. thereafter, it continues where it stops, thats right - I unplugged it, turned off the car for 5 minutes and it still started playing where it stopped. It takes about 5 seconds to start playing a collection of about 100GB once you plug it in or start the car. It takes a further 25 minutes to access the menus which is a pain in the ***.

But the best was still to come, I've got an iPhone 5S. I thought I'd give it a try in the USB which enables the centre point bose sound which is noticeably better than bluetooth audio. Well it worked really well, I selected a song on the phone, plugged it in and it continued playing the song I had chosen. No delays or waiting for the iPod loading spinning wheel. Amazing how this has improved the overall experience in the car. You can change tracks with the steering wheel controls, the songs come up on the screen correctly, and you can choose songs via the phone which also speeds things up.

This is Mazdas fix we've been waiting for. It's not a complete fix but I would say it's a 80% improvement.

Questions, Please ask..

Cheers, Jason

Attached Thumbnails 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD