Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:16 PM

great news about the update... will there be a recall for all affected cx5's?

Old 06-23-2014, 04:55 PM

I just got off the horn with Mazda US, and they said all owners will be notified.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:46 PM

Does the Bluetooth audio shuffle with the update? And any word on iPhone messaging?

Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ziggnet
Does the Bluetooth audio shuffle with the update? And any word on iPhone messaging?
Hi, The shuffle does work however only when you enable it on the iPhone. The button on the head unit still does nothing. I still couldn't get the messaging working. I'll try have another go.

Cheers, Jason

Old 06-25-2014, 06:44 AM

i hope this also sorts out the bluetooth hands free calls too .its a pain i just cant press the talk /pickup button and say call who ever, like i did in my old mazda 5 .with my cx5 i have to press talk say phone then wait for her to stop talking so i can the say call who ever.this is very distracting when driving as you are listening to her rabbit on so you don't have 100% focus on the road.fingers crossed .also in the Uk they know nothing of this module but they do say there is a fix on its way ,mind you they told me it would be here in april 2014 we are no nearly in july so says it all realy .never buying a mazda again !!!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Just bought our '14, and it seems I have an issue.

I have an Ipod touch (not sure what gen, does it really matter?) and I cannot get it to connect at ALL with the HU through the USB.

So I try BT. That doesn't work either. BT connects to my phone, but I can't see "Mazda" on the BT menu in my Ipod.

What gives? meanwhile I use the AUX jack, which is fine, but I paid for the Touring with tech and I cant use it! Kinda frustrating.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by jasonwe2013
Hi, The shuffle does work however only when you enable it on the iPhone. The button on the head unit still does nothing. I still couldn't get the messaging working. I'll try have another go.

Cheers, Jason
Thanks for the update!

Old 06-26-2014, 10:05 AM

The USB and Bluetooth in my CX-5 have given me more problems than usual over the last week. On Monday morning, it wouldn't show the song title and artist while listening to my iPod but would play fine and let me skip between tracks. That same night I was on my way home from work and tried connecting my iPhone and it wouldn't work. No big deal, it happens a lot, so I just left it plugged in to charge. I then make a phone call and halfway through the call Amy Winehouse started blasting in the background. I just assumed my Mom was in the mood for some R&B so didn't think anything about it until I get a second call from a coworker and the same exact song is playing in the background. So I look down at my phone and it turns out it's coming from my end. It wouldn't read the iPod when I plugged it in, but it plays in the background while I'm on a call? What the heck?! Ever since then it won't even read the iPod and if it does, nothing appears on the screen and I can't change the song. I really hope they get these replacement parts out soon! I would rather have a car without all these features if they're not going to work.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Just bought our '14, and it seems I have an issue.

I have an Ipod touch (not sure what gen, does it really matter?) and I cannot get it to connect at ALL with the HU through the USB.

So I try BT. That doesn't work either. BT connects to my phone, but I can't see "Mazda" on the BT menu in my Ipod.

What gives? meanwhile I use the AUX jack, which is fine, but I paid for the Touring with tech and I cant use it! Kinda frustrating.
Apparently older iPod's do not work with the system. I have an iPod (pre-"Classic" branding) from 2006 and it will not work with the USB input.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:51 PM

Today I took my CX-5 to Mazda Cuernavaca for other minor issues and spoke to the person in charge of software updates at the dealership. He said the way the USB memories restart from the first song every time you start the car is due to the fact that there is no memory for retaining information about what was last playing in the head unit. I don't know how accurate this is, but for such an otherwise great car, Mazda put little attention into the head unit functionality if this is true.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD