Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/2014-mazda-cx5-audio-ipod-31366/)

Gene Geary 04-07-2013 10:23 AM

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Bought on 3/22/13 and so far I love it but i do have some issues with the audio. First off the Bose sound system is bad. I can't believe Bose put their name on it. Most of the sound comes from the center front speaker on the dash and the only adjustment is to fade more to rear speakers. Now the problems with the Audio interface. I have an IPOD NANO 4G hooked up and everytime the car is restarted, the IPOD doesn't continue where you left off but starts again at the first song listed. Very aggravating. Yesterday, the song playing on my IPOD doesn't match to the name and title on song list displayed. Anybody else having issues with the Bluetooth or IPOD?

alex1706 04-08-2013 04:37 AM

This might not be what you want to hear, but I didn't upgrade to the Bose, and my I-Pod Nano works with the car perfectly.

Always reverts to the last point of play, and is fully conversant with the screen display on the in-car unit. I do keep the I-Pod connected at all times though, perhaps it defaults to the first track on the play list when you reconnect. Not sure, haven't tried it.

I presume you have connected via the USB and not through the I-Pod headphone jack?

Alex

spicymudbugs 04-09-2013 07:33 AM

My IPOD stays plugged into the USB port. I had a 2011 Ford Fusion with the Sync interface that worked perfectly with my Ipod. I just expected more from Mazda

HandA 04-09-2013 12:27 PM

The 2013 models resume where the song left off. The 2014 models start again from the first song every time. The 2014s got some other features added but apparently the programming changes affected a key item that worked right on the 2013 models.

So far I haven't heard of any sort of an update to fix that.

I read where a couple people put mp3 files of no sound at the start of the folder so it would play those each time to at least give you a minute or two to select a different song before hearing the start of the same one for the millionth time.

Haven't heard of the song name not matching problem.

spicymudbugs 04-10-2013 07:00 AM

Thanks HandA. Hopefully they can get this issued resolved. I used to really Like Motley Crue's 10 seconds to love :)

craigo 04-11-2013 03:37 PM

I just bought my 2014 cx5 on Monday and have noticed this problem too.

I've been using bluetooth audio through my iphone 4 for playing music, but it also has a couple of annoyances.

1. Upon turning the car on, it starts playing whatever it played last (which is a lot better than the ipod bug), but it plays even if I had turned the audio off, so then I have to turn it off again... basically it doesn't remember it was off or paused.

2. The folder navigation doesn't appear to do anything. To switch playlists or albums I have to do it through the phone.

spicymudbugs 04-12-2013 07:00 AM

I use Pandora through my Galaxy S3 and that's pathetic. I can play 3 or 4 songs before I get " Pandora error". when i am able to skip to he next song, it takes about 10 seconds to play. I have same problem with the folders. don't even bother to try that anymore. I don't even use Pandora anymore in the car. Works fabulous on my phone. . The IPOD is so aggravating to use I'm actually back to listening to CD's.
Using the on screen nav for the IPOD, I can go to a playlist but when i press a song to play, a different song plays but the song on the display doesn't match the song playing. Nice

blancheneige 04-24-2013 05:02 PM

I am having a problem with my new 2014 CX-5 where i connect my iPod touch (2nd generation) through the USB cord and it says accessory not compatible. The main reason I bought this car was because it would play and display my iPod information and I wouldn't have to use an aux cord. I even looked in the manual to make sure that the iPod touch i had was compatible and it lists my iPod right there in the manual saying it will work!

I just called the salesman who sold the car to me, and pretty much he said "suck it up" (by the way, don't buy your car from Bel Air Mazda in MD, customer service isn't great).

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there something wrong with my iPod? Does anyone else with a 2014 have problems with their iPod touch?

spicymudbugs 04-25-2013 08:39 AM

I bought the 2014 CX5 also and so far im not impressed with most of the electronics. When i first plugged in my IPOD nano, i kept getting error messages. I thought it might have been because i was using an after market USB cord so i switched to the original cord and that worked. I wouldn't go back to the salesman if i were you. Go see the Service dept manager.

motiver 05-10-2013 12:33 PM

My experience is even worse. I bought my 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring on April 7th. I plugged in my iPOD Classic 7th gen 160GB that I have been using for more than 2 years in my Infiniti. It worked fine for the first week. Then it stopped working. When I connect the iPod it says iPod instead of USB so it is in fact detecting that an iPod is connected. But it just doesn't display anything. I reset the iPod multiple times. It says iPod Reading for a few minutes and that's it. Doesn't show anything. There is no sound either. I tried plugging in an iPhone 4s too. Same thing. I took it to the dealer and he says the iPod is not compatible. I called mazda support and made sure my iPod is in fact supported. Now they say that the iPod maybe malfunctioning. I can play music through my iPod just fine. I am completely disappointed by the kind of support mazda is offering. The software is very slow and buggy. No proper error reporting. I wrote better software when I was in High school.