Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Why not Ford

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Default RE: Why not Ford

ORIGINAL: virgin1

WHEN??
So what now? You recently lost your w/e job at the airport too, right?
What a string of bad luck, Man. "Sorry for you.

Just to add insult toinjury, the ad at the bottom of the pageis for Ford"s website. [:'(]What irony.
im currently out of aj ob. because nobody realizes that people do have stuff to pay for but would rather save money. then spend it. its gonna bite em int he *** and i hope they go bankrupt. i really do.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: VB

Saturn and Chevrolet: does Saturn even have anything exclusive anymore? Just the Astra. Pontiac...another stagnant name.
Just the POS Astra, thats for sure...which they can't even sell. Since I work for Saturn I wanna say that I think they will be fine and keep selling...but the quality is so much less than in the beginning years for Saturns...the loyal customer base of earlier years is starting to turn against it for SURE...Kinda sucks. Customers here came back for years to keep buying a new saturn...now....not so much!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 AM

I am sick of seeing these huge corporations that make profit but not as much as planned, so they start laying people off. its a total joke.

"Oh No, we only made $100,000,000 profit this year, thats not good enough, quick, can 1,000 employees!"

What the hell is wrong with these companies - and in the mean time the execs make millions each year. What a joke.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:48 PM

thats why im out of a job. screw it. im going back to college.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: zoomzoom6chick

Saturn and Chevrolet: does Saturn even have anything exclusive anymore? Just the Astra. Pontiac...another stagnant name.
Just the POS Astra, thats for sure...which they can't even sell. Since I work for Saturn I wanna say that I think they will be fine and keep selling...but the quality is so much less than in the beginning years for Saturns...the loyal customer base of earlier years is starting to turn against it for SURE...Kinda sucks. Customers here came back for years to keep buying a new saturn...now....not so much!
Nice to see you back on the forums. I'm leaning towards the Cobalt now.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

I'm currently out of a job because nobody realizes that people do have stuff to pay for but would rather save money than spend it. its gonna bite em in the *** and i hope they go bankrupt. i really do.
In a perfect world they would get theirs, as the saying goes, butthese things have been happening since the beginning ofthe human race. I don"t think it"s going to change now.
In a perfect world CEO's, COO"s, CFO"sand BOD"s would not make 10,000,000 times what the average laborer does, but that ain"t-a gonna happen either.
I have run into those people that make lots of money while others do the work for them, andin their minds they are perfectlyjustifiedto dothat. I never understood that elitist thinking and I never will.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: zoomzoom6chick
Nice to see you back on the forums. I'm leaning towards the Cobalt now.
Ah, here they go again....

I"m just messin' w/y'all.

VERY nice to see you back again, zoomzoom6chick.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 AM

cobalts are alright. if you think about it. they are just beefed up cavaliers. and i hateeeeeeeeee cavaliers. they have the 2.2 ecotec engine in it too. and the cobalt SS has the 2.4 z24 cavalier engine in it with a supercharger. if your looking for a cobalt you may as well buy a mazda3 its around the same price range

Old 01-03-2009, 11:50 AM

To me is more like if you take care of the car, the car will take care of you. Yea Japanese cars is more reliable than domestic or european cars in general, but not always. If I were to need a truck, I will buy Ford F-150 over any of the Japanese truck. I am sorry to say this, Japanese are just not good at making truck period. Their pickup trucks are sad, either not enough power to do the job for small pickup, or the bigger ones don't perform as well as the americans ones. For cars, hehe I will buy Japanese cars anyday, simply domestic makers are not that good at economical cars. For luxury, then is kind of tough to decide between Japanese and European, it all depends on my budget, and which luxury car looks the nicest to me when I m in the market.for one. We all have our own reasons to type of cars we like. As for me, economical cars, Mazda all the way, Luxury car, I like Acura, though if BMW is not too expensive, I like them too! For pickup truck, haha, Ford all the way for me. And one thing though, I hate Toyota and Lexus with a passion. Toyota to me is called based on a name brand from a few decades ago. Just like Sony and electronics, but Sony is not always the best, in fact these days there are a lot better ones than Sony. Toyota is like Sony for electronic, overprice, extremely extremly boring to drive not to mention UGLY! Lexus, although is not overprice compare to european luxury, but compare to european luxury performance, it is sad....no power. Only thing good about it is extremely comfortable and quiet for a cheaper price. Although I pick Acura over it cuz Acura is still cheaper and better performance than Lexus. Also did I mention, not as BORING!! Seriously though, I think Toyota and Lexus are just as bad as the domestic cars when it comes to car styling. Super boring

Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

cobalts are alright. if you think about it. they are just beefed up cavaliers. and i hateeeeeeeeee cavaliers. they have the 2.2 ecotec engine in it too. and the cobalt SS has the 2.4 z24 cavalier engine in it with a supercharger. if your looking for a cobalt you may as well buy a mazda3 its around the same price range
Time to educate Jaimie once again. [8D]

The standard Cobalts have the 2.2, yeah. It's a block that's been around a long time, definitely reliable with plenty of low-end grunt. However, the Cobalt SS does NOT have a 2.4, nor is it supercharged. Here's the deal:

In '05, the Cobalt SS was introduced - an inline 2.0 SC making about 205HP/TQ. Chevy would sell/install up to three kits (pulleys, larger SC, etc.) to bring the power over 300HP/TQ. Now, up till '07 they continued with the SC SS; however, they also used the "SS Sport" badge on certain Cobalts - those are the ones with a variant of the Z24. They're all motor though.

'08 rolled around, and the SS became exclusively FI once more, but this time it was done right - 2.0T making 260HP/TQ. There's nothing in the price range that could touch the Cobalt SS, to be honest - and don't say the MS3. Yes, the MS3 is quicker, but it's also gonna run you close to 30K, no? The Cobalt SS gets to you for about 22K.

You gotta appreciate the value for money this thing delivers.

Quick Reply: Why not Ford