Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 AM

If you remove the TV, desk, stereo and the computer you'll have even more freedom!

just saying....

Old 02-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by virgin1

I was only joking with you. You kinda' left yourself open for it, and with my sense of humor.....
Quite understandable as i've done the same.
Unfortunately, with my newer accomodations, recently had water leaks. He had to get someone in to rip apart drywall and inject polyurethane foam in to the 2 cracks in foundation. You can see the foam outside of house. I had to stay at parent's place (prison) for a few days with not much tv. When i got back he didn't sand drywall very good in my room and didn't sand in next room. I had to sand in other room. He didn't properly put on baseboard (didn't cut around cable coming down wall so i'm fixing that this morning. I'll have to smear spackle on rest of drywall to make it semi-smooth.
He also installed a new vanity, taps in bathroom but F'd up everything. The new vanity he got on sale but it is not deep enough so it exposed untiled area underneath--he put a loose mismatched tile there. He didn't attach porcelain sink to wooden vanity (he didn't know to use silicone) or against wall. The drain isn't proper as he stuck the the small pipe in to a larger pipe (see pics) so when i wash my hands with soap the soap lifts up and out of the drain and runs down outside of drain to bottom of inner area. Good thing he didn't use silicone as much to re-do.

Attached Thumbnails The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2395.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2396.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2398.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2400.jpg  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:42 AM

Unbelievable!

You ought to send him a bill for the work you are doing, even if he discards that bill.

At least you don't have to deal with room mates.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tanprotege
Unbelievable!

You ought to send him a bill for the work you are doing, even if he discards that bill.

At least you don't have to deal with room mates.
actually he did give me back $80 since i was out a few days.

Found some black mould behind water softener. It's out for repair. Hope he actually does something on this before water softener comes back. When water softener comes back it won't be accessible. I'm sure he'll just try to clean it. But what about mould behind wall and baseboard!

At least now the baseboard is sealed as it is an outside wall. It is also behind my bed. Glued it to wall and caulked top. Cut base board around cable and put some caulk in there as well.

Lack of room mates here is a bonus, freedom.

Cleaned mould off with OXY Powder Bleach, new baseboards sealed all the way around to keep water from getting behind.

Attached Thumbnails The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2418.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2417.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-before4.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-after3.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2423.jpg  

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-06-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Banned

There's a TOP GEAR All Day Marathon on right now on BBC Canada.
Just watched a Porsche race a VW. Porsche raced on ground in salt flats for 1 mile while VW was dropped 1 mile from the sky! The VW bug won as the Porsche couldn't get traction on Africa salt flats.
Just watched some weird taxi's, limo's race on a track. 1 went through a make shift office building and the stretch limo ended sideways on the track, so 1 taxi drove right thru the middle of it!
What a HOOT!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-08-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: 1 mile drop, added video
Old 02-08-2014, 03:28 PM

Too bad the BBC concept didn't make it over the pond. I've watched many episodes of the British version on YouTube. The American version is idiotic and boring. More about the three guys than about the cars.

IMHO

Old 02-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nhtrib
Too bad the BBC concept didn't make it over the pond. I've watched many episodes of the British version on YouTube. The American version is idiotic and boring. More about the three guys than about the cars.

IMHO
I watch it for the laughs (one of the few shows I actually laugh) and the stupid things they get away with. They do go to extremes, but have some car reviews and the track time comparison is unique and very useful. They do actually go real fast! I enjoy the drag races as well. I can't beleive the things they do and can only imagine the blown budget $$$$!

NEW EPISODE SATURDAY FEB 15 @ 8:00 pm on BBC Canada-----just checked schedule and it's on @ 3:00 pm EST as well!----in 2 hours!

I'll be taping it and watching NASCAR special 75 lap 3 segment race @ Daytona on at same time on Speed TV, Fox Sports 1 and UFC MMA follows that!
NASCAR Duals qualifying races on Feb 20, Nationwide race is Feb 22, Sprint Cup race Daytona 500 is Feb 23 on regular TV.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-15-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: UFC MMA, 3:00 pm as well
Old 02-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Banned

Watching it right now!
They did a race through a grocery store with 3 small old cars on a timed lap. Laughed my *** off.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

You're a little behind there in Canada. That's the second episode of the series which we saw last Monday night.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned
Talking

Got this little bit thought you'd enjoy.
They thought up some advertising names to put on the side of the car.
When you open the doors and look at them from the front you get a good laugh.
Pics attached. Must see last one!
Sorry for pic quality, taken from my camera on a TV screen.

Attached Thumbnails The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2549.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2548.jpg   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread-sam_2550.jpg  

Quick Reply: The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread