Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/top-gear-discussion-memory-thread-18936/)

virgin1 06-06-2009 03:55 PM

The "Top Gear" Discussion/Memory Thread

For those that get and watch BBC America or any other form of BBC.
The funniest car show so far on the planet.
Please post your favorite former or current episode highlights from this great and funny show here.

vlstellato 06-06-2009 04:50 PM

How about the episode when Jeremy drives that old rolls into a pool during the grand opening!!! The look on the mayors (I believe it was the mayor) face was priceless

virgin1 06-06-2009 07:35 PM

That's a classic for sure.

VB 06-06-2009 08:06 PM

My favorite was when they did the 24 hour enduro in the BMW 330d.

Tracker 06-06-2009 08:58 PM

i nvr keep up with the series but everytime i watch it its always funny, the only two i remember was the one where Jimmy ripped apart (saying it was bad) a new (at the time) 08 BMW, and the most recent one i saw a little bit of was when the three of them made a car into a boat or something like that.

wsoape281 06-06-2009 09:29 PM

i like his quotes. here are a few.

I’d like to consider Ferrari as a scaled down version of God

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Whenever I’m suffering from insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I’m straight off

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster

Racing cars which have been converted for road use never really work. It’s like making a hardcore adult film, and then editing it so that it can be shown in British hotels. You’d just end up with a sort of half hour close up of some bloke’s sweaty face.

VB 06-06-2009 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 92983)
i nvr keep up with the series but everytime i watch it its always funny, the only two i remember was the one where Jimmy ripped apart (saying it was bad) a new (at the time) 08 BMW, and the most recent one i saw a little bit of was when the three of them made a car into a boat or something like that.

The Toyboata episode. May made a sailboat out of an Austin Healy I think. Maybe an MG.

jaimie08mazda3 06-07-2009 12:41 AM

i got one. where they get a toyota Hilux and try to kill it. freaking amazing

sstlaure 06-07-2009 12:17 PM

I enjoyed the "amphibious vehicle" episode

I thought the comparison of a top-end Lotus to a base Mustang GT a joke....they wanted to guarantee a win for the British car. (not that it's not a nice one.) For a car 1/2 the price, the Mustang did pretty well. The Lotus would have had it's hands full if they had done a proper comparison - Lotus vs GT500.

vlstellato 06-07-2009 12:54 PM

Some say, he was born not to where socks