Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Music!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Default Music!!

Not sure what to start with on the forums so i thought i'd ask, errrrm...

What are your favourite music tracks for driving to (I love trance) and When you want to go for a drive to chill, where do you go!!

Sorry I just dont know anyone here yet, I've been on a couple of forums and still don't know how to start a topic where people will reply lol xx

Old 08-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Default RE: Music!!

Any topic that you post will typically get a reply. You are off to a good start with getting people to reply to what you have typed.

For me, I like bands such as Sublime, OAR, Matisyahu, Dispatch... I did go through a trance stage when I downloaded music files on my computer off Napster and Kazaa, but since I got a new computer... I have yet to download anything like that because of viruses. Do you have any good Trance artists that you recommend?

Old 08-12-2006, 03:19 PM

Rock. I used to mainly be into classic rock but I've been getting into alternative metal which is like new age stuff but not as extreme as screaming. Bands would be like Trapt, Nickleback, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and stuff.

www.myspace.com/breakingbenjamin
www.myspace.com/threedaysgrace

Old 08-12-2006, 06:02 PM

Good topic anyways CSG! Music and Mazda are one in the same!

This week my 3s seems to enjoy "To be loved" from Papa Roach. Give it a try on some twisty roads (I have plenty of them my way)....before you know it your 60-70mph on some tight turns in a 35mph zone and kickin 80-90 on the exit........not that I would know anything about that!!

Back on topic though, I'd have to agree with 87 Turbo on the selection of choice. Though I'm more partial to Nickleback, Metallica, Offspring, Godsmack - which is another excellent open back road tune with the volume cranked "Batalla de los Tambores". Its instrumental and no vocals, but anyone who knows Godsmack will tell you, it's classic GSmack signature sound with an infectious tempo. Why.....I'm listening to now as I type!

Old 08-12-2006, 10:46 PM

I enjoy about any genre(?) of music. I can go from Metallica to Sinatra, or even Poison to NWA and way over to Johnny Rodriguez. Thats the beauty of XM, whatever mood I am in there is channel for it!

Old 08-13-2006, 02:48 AM

Paul Oakenfold is one of the best Trance DJs ever. I love to drive to Ready, Steady, Go. Its such a adreniline rush. Though rock is good. I always enjoy techno for an up beat sound. The faster the beat the faster it makes me want to drive. Thats how i got 4 speeding tickets, i got into techno. Now that i know the area that i am in, I only speed on the roads with not a whole lot of traffic and where i know that there are not any cops in the area.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:07 AM

i listen to pretty much all genras of music. I HATE country. NIN is always in my cd player weather it be a live set or one of their albums. Anyone else a NIN fan?

Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM

Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence for normal days.
For days I need to relax...Lisa Loeb, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days soundtrack, Liz Phair, Sarah McLachlin.
But I mostly drive in the AM, so there's usually funny talk shows on in the morning.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:23 PM

i'm a big BIG fan of the band Cake...

also
Flogging Molly, Portishead, VCR, Roper, Five Iron Frenzy, Black 47, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, etc. etc. etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM

Depends on the mood.
Rap
Rock
Techno
Country
Gospel
Contemporary Christian

Artist: Red, Thousand Foot Crutch, Canton Jones, LeCrae, Tedashii, 12 Stones, Kirk Franklin, Jonny Diaz, Shawn Mcdonald, 116 Clique, Bass Hunter, Benny Benassi, Big Daddy Weave, Brian Head Welch, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Disciple, Seventh Day Slumber...

...Just watever the trackball on my Blackberry decides to point to at the time.