Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Dealer Service Horror Story..you won't believe

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by EndlessDrop
Hey man! Sorry to hear about your experience! But bear in mind that this isn't a Mazda or Mazda corporate issue, but more of a private dealership issue. Some dealers are friendly, caring and willing to help and some are very, very... shady.

For example, I took my Mazda3 for an oil change around the 7000 mi to 8000 mi mark at my nearest dealership (Lee Johnson Kirkland Mazda). The Mazda repair shop was a QuickLube. I took it to the QuickLube and the guy told me to hand over the keys and wait at the Mazda service waiting room for about an hour (it had coffee, doughnuts, snacks, accessories and more). While I was on my phone, one of the dealer representatives or employees texted me saying, "Thank you for being a customer at Lee Johnson. I see you have taken a rare car in for service. Would you like us to buy it for $31K?". I was like "Aw, hell naw!". I infer they did that because I was a young person. Or maybe because it was actually "rare", I don't know. Luckily, I got my car back after an hour.

It NOT uncommon for a dealership to have a business arrangement with some other independent service shops! I know we DO and often when a couple dealership get to busy they like to keep their customers happy so I get a call for HELP! This is nation wide good business practices between dealership and independent shops.

As for a sales pitch for you vehicle , this has been a common practice for decades! Other terms are called "cold calling!

How much training does it take to change an oil and oil filter on a gasoline powered vehicle.? LOL

Old 02-20-2024, 06:11 PM

As for a sales pitch for you vehicle , this has been a common practice for decades! Other terms are called "cold calling!
My friend went to get his modified 2019 Toyota Camry XSE serviced at a Toyota dealer and the dealer did the same thing.

How much training does it take to change an oil and oil filter on a gasoline powered vehicle.? LOL
I know I committed a crime on the Mazda forum by taking it to the dealership, but hey I don’t wanna take the risk by trying to do trial and error or messing something up while working on my daily driver.

JSYK, Mazda not only did an oil change, they did a routine service. They sent me a letter and I figured it was kind of important. Oh well.

Maybe, I might consider some training after the dealer’s “cold calling”!

Last edited by EndlessDrop; 02-20-2024 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by EndlessDrop
My friend went to get his modified 2019 Toyota Camry XSE serviced at a Toyota dealer and the dealer did the same thing.

I know I committed a crime on the Mazda forum by taking it to the dealership, but hey I don’t wanna take the risk by trying to do trial and error or messing something up while working on my daily driver.

JSYK, Mazda not only did an oil change, they did a routine service. They sent me a letter and I figured it was kind of important. Oh well.

Maybe, I might consider some training after the dealer’s “cold calling”!
wow! you got a sales pitch from MAZDA for a service. LOL

I get notification all the time from MAZDA stating up to 22,000 trade in value on my Mazda. And occasionally when I go to MAZDA to pick up small parts for the shop there is always a salesman that ask if I think about trading in my MAZDA. And he already ran my VIN and they always say more then I paid, and my MAZDA is obviously modified!

As I said this is not uncommon and been going on with dealership for decades. BTW JSYK (just so you know) as long as we are talking about dealerships I did once work for one as a salesman for a short time