Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

DEALER SERVICE CHARGES (RIPOFF)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Default DEALER SERVICE CHARGES (RIPOFF)

Yesturday I went to my local Mazda dealer to get my tranny service done. Second time in 48,000 miles, made the mistake of having a local garage talk me into using their machine that sucks the old fluid out while putting new fluid in,when I asked about changing the filter they said there was no need tosince this machine sucks all the old fuild and build up out of the filter. Well something didn't sit right with me about this so I had it done the RIGHT way. As I was at the dealer waiting for my car to get donethe service advisor tried to sell me the 60,000 mile service for $600.00, I told him NO! He then proceeded to tell me that people who have their cars serviced by the dealer tend to have their vehicles last longer. So I played his game and asked what services are preform at that service interval, he basically said we check tires, brakes, cv joints, belts, plugs, and all fuilds. I'm sure you all know the sales pitch. I then told this guy that I could do all those services myself and even if I couldn't I could bring it to a local shop and pay about $100.00 for the same check up. After he was done with me he went on to his next target, as I sat waiting for my car he must have sold three of these useless services at the cost of serveral hundred dollars.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Default RE: DEALER SERVICE CHARGES (RIPOFF)

Hey VL, then maybe you can help me out. I was charged about $98.00 bucks because he had to overnight the parts for my car. WHAT THE HELL??? My car was there for service that they could not complete the day we dropped it off, so they kept it overnight and completedthe afternoon the next day. I am considering taking this to the Better Business Bureau. Sound like I have a beef?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Default RE: DEALER SERVICE CHARGES (RIPOFF)

you have nothing if you agreed to pay it. untill such time in which you ask exactly why you have paid 98- 100$ on whatever kind of service you had. some services cost that much. dont feel to bad. last time i went into mazda i had to pay 177$ for a new plastic covering for underneath my engine. so think of that as cheap so to speak because with any car. because you decided to agree to it means you got suckered into the dealership. so yea.