Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

well i must have had a bad tempo 'cause it bent the frame over a ditch.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:24 PM

how did yo uget into the ditch int he first place?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:21 AM

i didn't get into a ditch i just went over one and when i came up on the other side i bottomed out and bent the frame

Old 12-17-2007, 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Renesis

i didn't get into a ditch i just went over one and when i came up on the other side i bottomed out and bent the frame
How is that the cars fault again? Last time I checked....the Ford Tempo wasn't exactly "trail rated" or anything.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

you scrapped the protege?
Yes. Even after I got my new car, I was still toying with the idea of fixing it. But I would need a new engine and probably a transmission too (although I had not experienced any problems with the old tranny). Being that the car was 10-years old, I decided not put the money into it. Besides, the Mazda, my wife drives a '95 Ford Windstar which has performed quite well for the past three years. We recently had the alternator replaced on it, but it's been very reliable thus far. We are considering replacing by the end of '08 unless something happens before then (she likes the Sienna). But one car note is enough! Oh, forgot to mention that we briefly had a '95 MPV that was given to us. That van ran good for a while, but then we started having problems with the electical system (the battery would be drained after the car had been parked for while), the speedometer stopped working, and then the transmission stared to slip. One day, after I work, I reconnected the battery cable, started the van, and it would not go in reverse so I was unable to get out of my parking space. We donated the van. It was a shame because someone had gifted it to us. And then we'd see other MPV's from the same year going strong and wonder; "why us?"

Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 AM

lol SST do you work on alot of tempo's? btw shame about the protege because that is a good car. my aunt had one.. never had a problem with it untill she got her dodge caravan.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:54 AM

i wasn't on a trail i lived on a dirt road with some ditches for when it rained. well it wasn't exactly a ditch more like a dip. for when it floods. Guess i should have said dip instead of ditch.