Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Default RE: Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

Somehow forgot to mention the '65 Pontiac GTO. I have mixed feelings about it. Exciting to drive - at the time. Bought it off the dealer's lot with389,triple carbs, close ratio gears with Hurst shifter, heavy duty suspension, all the goodies. Fire engine red with black interior. It drove like a truck! Clumsy and heavy feeling but would make your ears bleed in a straight line. Debated whether GTO stood for "gas, tires and oil" or "great thirsty ox". Traded it for the Mustang and liked it a lot more.

Rolomac

Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 PM

I've only owned two cars in my life; both Mazdas. My first was a '97 Protege' that was build in Hiroshima. It was a great little car that served me well for 10-years. When I tell some people that I had a Mazda that lasted a decade and went over 200,000 miles they seem surprised! I hated to have to let the car go, but it had cylinder misfire and would have cost a lot of money to fix and the cats were fried too. I would look at the car and think "man, this car doesn't look like a car that's on its last legs" (it was well taken care of both inside and out). The end came one morning as I stared my drive to work. I came to a traffic light less than a mile from home and she died...never to be restarted again. But now I have another great car; a 2006 Mazda 6S. I've only had it for a few months, but I feel that this is another keeper. The funny things is that now I get a car with a V-6 and gas is sky high!!! It's a conspiracy I tell you. They were waiting for meto get a bigger, more powerful car so they can raise prices.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:28 PM

you scrapped the protege?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

"... It's a conspiracy I tell you.They were waiting for meto get a bigger, more powerful car so they can raise prices. "
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Yup, it is.
When I was 16 and gas prices were much much cheaper than they are now, I had a 57 Chevy that got 9.5mpg.I could barely afford to put gas init.
Now, 35 yrs laterit's still too expensive to put gas in the car and my Mz3 gets 26-28mpg, even w/my foot in it most of the time!!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

"... It's a conspiracy I tell you.They were waiting for meto get a bigger, more powerful car so they can raise prices. "
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Yup, it is.
When I was 16 and gas prices were much much cheaper than they are now, I had a 57 Chevy that got 9.5mpg.I could barely afford to put gas init.
Now, 35 yrs laterit's still too expensive to put gas in the car and my Mz3 gets 26-28mpg, even w/my foot in it most of the time!!

I can remember the gas wars before I could drive, Phillips 66 on one corner and a Atlantic Richfield on the other, .199 for a gallon of gas.
When I started driving I was paying .499 for Ethyl (That should Confuse some of the younguns Richard)

Old 12-16-2007, 10:59 PM

ummmm i rememeber.... last year where it got up to 143.5 a litre and everyone was freaking out (by the way thats 1 DOLLAR and fourty three cents) in case people were like WTH

Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 PM

here's a long list

for x-mas (don't remember the year) believe it was 2000 i got a 94 ford tempo. I ended up going over a ditch too fast and i bent the frame. I needed a car bad so my parents went to a repo auction and for $500 i drove away in an 89 chevy beretta biggest piece of crap ever. My ex got tired of fixing it so we traded it in for a 93 dodge dakota. The truck had alot of rear end problems so we traded that in for a saturn then i HAD to have a camaro. so i got an 00 camaro he lost his job so i got rid of that for an 03 cavalier. then my cavalier after 3 years started having engine failure so i traded that in for an 06 cobalt. the cobalt was a lemon. I had it re-poed and now i own my mazda and i'm only 24 lol

Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 PM

tempo's own.. nuff said

Old 12-16-2007, 11:13 PM

my tempo was a piece of crap and it was a ford

Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 PM

yea it was a ford tempo but i think it was one of the best cars they ever made.. well for driving around in a field they wont die. in auto shop was working on one.. took parts off a mercury Topaz put all the parts onto the tempo lol. and now the tempo runs like a beaut lol

Quick Reply: Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.