New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Secret Society Driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 10:47 PM
Default Secret Society Driving

Hi guys have decided to reach out to a support forum about a dicey topic at best. Road Rage/Bad Drivers/Inconsideration.
In my "sleepy little town" i have taken counselling around 2 years ago for driving misdeameanours that I realised where going out of control.
The plan me and the counsellor came up with in the meetings where solid and a plan hatched to circumvent the behaviours I was displaying on the road.
For 14 months the plan worked near solid with only a couple of minor things.

Then recently I have noted in the past 3-4 months driving behaviours by other drivers in our town getting progressively worser and worser and we can group these drivers and there bad driving habits into a few categories, almost always you are the driver left with the lemon:
They are as follows and feel free to chime in:
1.I should give way to the give way rules but no ill sneak me and my car around the corner even though I see the car rounding on me.
2.Ill just drive straight through someone no looking nothing just straight through roundabouts, intersections, you name it.
3.Mr and Mrs Tailgating.
4.Miss Shopping carpark ill just launch me my passenger and my vehicle anywhere i want (very reckless).
This is something I have thought up after todays experience these are the ones guys to look out for:
5.Im angelic and good at my driving test once I get my License then ill ignore everything I was taught and drive like a demon. Dont worry about other drivers dont worry about the traffic laws dito.
6.Number 5 is coupled closely into this one:Social Media usage rates and uptakes. In social media everything happens instantaneously. If things dont happen the way i want them to then im going to get angry and react.
7.I wont and dont need to listen, or I will temporarily listen and then go back to what I was doing (Relapse).
8.Secret society driving.

I have done some studies in the area and felt it is a good topic to bring up as we wont be driving our beloved Madasses around if we are dead.
Some things to note it seems that a popular misconception to say "Ohhh man lets just drive through".
The misconception is incorrect as Law Enforcement will lock you up where and when they eventually catch you especially in the serious crashes. You will not receive insurance and become depressed.
Finally these drivers will end up ticketed sooner rather then later.

OK in NZ our quartile data indicates we as a driving nation are doing far worser in this 2024 Jan to March quarter then the previous 5 years quartiles. Around 34 drivers deaths and 14 passenger deaths.
Not impressive Not good Terrible these people need to be told.

A recent study that i have found has said that there are groups of drivers out there that demonstrate the following traits.
1.We are in our metallic shells there fore are surrounded by a powerful force when we drive and this force allows us to detach from being people and we then become driving automotons without feelings without logic.

Now the key for us Good drivers is to realise a few things:
1.We are not bad drivers 14 months of solid driving is not to bad. Dont let trouble makers persuade you otherwise.
We just tend to make seldom mistakes.
2.Pick up the patterns early and this is what i learnt today if things are escalating have a de-escalation plan. Part of this plan is to forum and debate the twits. Escalation can lead to 2nd Party bad driving responses and we want good responses not bad ones.
3.Study/Study/Study the topic to understand your responses and there response to bad driving.
4.Build a support network.
5.Dont give up.

The de-escalation plan:
Take careful note when things are progressively getting worse in your driving environment. Pay attention to common places on your routes where you may encounter the above drivers categories and play out how you will respond to meeting these immature drivers. Look at your different responses and PICK the one that is good.
Reach out talk to peers, get supported and plan.
Escalation of the above occurs when you see up to 5-8 infringments in one driving route in one journey.
Do not think for an instance that these things will not happen on our roads because they do.
The moment we drive on our roads and ignore this fact then we are setting ourselves up.
These are the moments you need to be aware of and when the deescalation plan needs to begin.
The earlier you pick up the pattern the sooner you can put the plan in place.

Another possible pattern that may emerge is losing a lot of sleep. We are working on this with the Steak Bar and Grills.
Getting adequate sleep is magnificent for driving.
Also dont drive anywhere when you are angry.

We are here for you guys man lets work togather to bring about Johnny Peace on our roads for us our vehicles and our families.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:39 AM

Welcome to the fourm

Last edited by ganthercage; 03-15-2024 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:01 AM

Welcome to the forum