New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

READ THIS IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Default READ THIS IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!!

Having been in the Mazda repair field for 15 years. Just wanted to post a summary that will help to get your vehicle repaired right the first time. Will be a long post but read thru to the end if you have ever taken your vehicle in and had them tell you that they were not able to duplicate or no problem found. #1 be very specific about the issue you are having with your vehicle. When does the problem occur (ie, cold start, after warmed up, all the time, over bumpy roads, after turned the headlights on, etc. any detail that will help them to duplicate the concern will help to no end) I really don't like getting a repair order that says "car makes noise sometimes!!" That is a guaranteed "no problem found" car. Take some time to establish when the problem occurs and under what conditions. Remember that I as a technichian probably do not drive the same vehicle as you do so do not know how your vehicle performs or sounds on a regular basis. You drive your vehicle every day and know when something is not right. I know my own 92 323 and believe me when it does something out of the norm I KNOW IT. #2 take a look at the repair order as it was written and make sure that what you have a problem with is clearly defined in the description. If you have a lengthy or short concern about any issue, do not let the service dept write up as any different then you have described. The mechanic can only diagnose what is described in the list of faults that you present on the repair order. He probably did not talk to you about your concerns so is going off what is on the repair order that was presented to him/her. Make sure that the concerns you have about your vehicle are clearly stated on the repair order. That is the only information that we have to go on about the concern you are having.