New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

new to the forum, natch.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Default new to the forum, natch.

Hi;occasional listener, first time caller.
My wife and I bought a 2001 MPV, just over two years ago. We have two girls, who are very active socially, with friends and sports, and the van has just been perfect. Last Summer, we drove to Disneyland, from our home in the Seattle area, and the van worked great, with our luggage strapped to the roof rack, and plenty of room inside for a cooler, videos, and games, etc. to keep the girls occupied.
I stopped by the forum a few times when we were shopping for the van, and now I'm going to be here more often, as I think maintenance is going to become a bigger issue as the miles build. We don't usually drive very far, but we drive every day, to the tune of about 8000 miles a year.
I like the MPV because it is big enough, but still easier to park than most vans - we can actually fit it into our garage, and get into and out of it while parked. We've had four adults and three kids in it on more than one occasion, and that's about all the people-hauling capacity we need.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Default RE: new to the forum, natch.

ive always found that mazda's had nice looking vans.
the newer mpv's were alright, and the newer mazda5's are very nice for a van!

haha we get the same mileage! ive put 8000km's on my 3 since i got it in october!!

anyways, welcome to the forum!! enjoy ur stay! and dont be afriad to post up questions you have, or even just saying how much u love ur mpv!!