New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

My First Mazda - '07 MS6 Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Default My First Mazda - '07 MS6 Sport!

Well, I was dragged away from my roots....

I've been a loyal mitsubishi fan for severalyears (9 years / 3 Mitsu's).

I'm selling my Gen2 3000GT VR4 and was looking for a replacement. I was at a Mitsubishi / Subaru dealer and was comparing the STI against the EVO MR. It think it was like the last MR in the state and they were asking like $37,000 for it! I didnt feel like shelling out that much and the Subie, just didnt feel right to me (I think I'm used to the bigger car). On a whim I went across the street to look at the RX-8 and happened upon a lonely Velocity Red Mazdaspeed 6.A quick test drive and I was hooked. Not quite the pin you back, ultra corner hugging GT I was used too, but I liked the smooth 6speed, the huge amount of torque, and the ultra tight rack and pinion. It drove very similarly to what I was used too less the exhaust fumes. This has a little softer suspension than I am accustomed, but holds tight in a corner. Think I'm going to have my Mazdaspeed dealer thow in the intake and sway bars, and then it whould be just right. Guess this Boy Racer is just growing up...never thought I'd be in a sedan soooo soon.

Love the car, can't stop going outside and looking at it,and now I actually have room for more than a few bags ofgroceries.

Best of all with the incentives that were running on the car and being the end of March, I walked away with it for less than the cost of a WRX TR! Couldn't be happier!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Default RE: My First Mazda - '07 MS6 Sport!

welcome to the club. I have a 2005 Mazda 6. I alsogo outside just to get a look at it once in a while. Enjoy your ride. I bet you this will not be your last Mazda you will own. Congrats on your new buy.