Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Opinions on MS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Default Opinions on MS6

How do ya'll like your MS6's? I love the way they look and heard they handle like a dream and other good things, but i want some first hand opinions of owners, because you all know better than anyone else. So tell me what you think, what you like, dislike, hate, love, etc, etc.
thanks[/align]

Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Default RE: Opinions on MS6

This is the 17th car I've owned in the last 21 years and I can honestly say that so far (purchased April 6th) that I love this car like none other. It's perfect for me in every way, but I'm an AWD junkie from way back. (former proud owner of a 1991 Talon TSi AWD). After some of the neck-snapping launches I've done, I can't imagine what I would possibly trade this car for that I would like as much (except maybe a 911 turbo). It's perfectly sized, handles like it's on rails, the traction is a dream come true and the thrust is addictive. I also like that it's subdued in appearance, versus the MS3 which screams at you a little more about it's abilities. Overall, I'm thrilled with it and relish my time behind the wheel. Even the daily grind of the commute is better than it's ever been. I have to say that if this car was FWD, I probably wouldn't have bought it. That was a HUGE selling point for me and I couldn't love it more.

My gripes: 3 weeks into ownership, the coilpack on cylinder # 2 failed, out in the middle of nowhere, on a sunday. I didn't really appreciate seeing my brand new car being hauled to the dealership on a flatbed. But...all fixed.

The ride is a little harsher than I expected out of a large, relatively heavy sedan, but Mazda was clearly serious about making this car handle. I'm getting used to it. I'm installing RX-8 wheels next week with a *slightly* taller tire (RX-8 spec) so this may help a little.

2nd gear isn't always as cooperative as I'd like when I'm downshifting to pass. It's also not terribly aggreable on fast 1-2 shifts. Getting used to it, and it may get better with age.

And finally....What's up with Mazdaspeed designed wheels? SO many spokes, on the MS6 and MS3. But as stated, I'm alleviating that next week.

Go drive one if you haven't already. You're gonna be impressed.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM

I love our regular 6....AWD and more power would make it perfect.

I'm not big on the speed wheels either. I'm a 5-spoke guy (RX-8 wheels on my wifes Mazda6 Sportwagon.)

Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 AM

look on mazda6club.com forums its not a bad car. unfortunately lots of problems with it. turbo seal failures rear differential failures. car runs off the scale rich stock.. In my honest opinion there are much better cars out their for the price.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Daishi

look on mazda6club.com forums its not a bad car. unfortunately lots of problems with it. turbo seal failures rear differential failures. car runs off the scale rich stock.. In my honest opinion there are much better cars out their for the price.
such as?

Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 AM

such as nothing...I can't think of a single vehicle with more to offer for the price for what you can pick up an MS6 for right now.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 PM

I agree.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Ash

I've had mine for about 6 months now and haven't had a single problem with it.

It's a blast to drive, quick enough, fit an finish are pretty good. Can't say I have any regrets.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:02 PM

you can get yourself an evo or an sti for a little bit more :\ and its a much better awd system in both cars especially the sti. the sti will pretty much beat the speed6 in pretty much every category :\

Old 05-27-2007, 02:21 PM

all that i have to say; ALL WHEEL DRIVE TURBO, what's not to love?

Quick Reply: Opinions on MS6