New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

mazda 323 lx 5 door 1.3L central lock/ alarm issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Default mazda 323 lx 5 door 1.3L central lock/ alarm issue

hello everyone. i just bought my first mazda... a 2001 323 lx 1.3.
there are a few issues with it, but the main one is the central locking. firstly this is an irish spec car, if that makes any difference. i got 2 keys with it, but no fobs. does this model come with remote central locking? i bought it private from someone who was selling for his sister so he had not much info on it. he did say that for some reason they, or someone had to disconnect the central locking, something to do with the alarm going off. so to lock the car i now have to lock both rear doors, and the passenger door from inside, then i lock the driver door from outside with the key. finally i have to lock the boot(trunk) with the key, which activates the alarm and flashes the turn signal lights.
next problem is if i then unlock the drivers door with the key the alarm sounds. the way to stop this is to unlock the trunk with the key.
as you can imagine this is a very long, annoying process to go through every time i leave the car
extra specs info......
2 front windows are electric. 2 rear are manual.
there is a button on the drivers door to lock the passenger window, but none to lock the doors.
finally, would it be difficult to fit a RCL, fob system to the car.
thanks to anyone who has any ideas to help me out
seamus

Old 04-21-2013, 08:05 AM

This car has been messed with. If it has power locks it is on all 4 doors. If it has power windows it is on all 4 doors.
I suppose the alarm system is confused with good reasons.
Do you know it this is a mazda alarm system or an aftermarket?

Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Default update

tanprotege, thanks for the reply. i am not sure what alarm system is installed, how would i find it. In the Irish market it is common to only have power windows in the front as this makes the car a little cheaper, and also the dealers can charge more for 4 power window models. also air con is an extra as is power mirrors etc.
i was looking through the fuse board and some fuses had been removed. i replaced the central locking one and now it works perfectly, so far. i am guessing that the alarm must have been going off from time to time by itself so they just pulled the fuse, only time will tell.
UPDATE
i locked the car about 20 mins ago from the driver door and all worked fine. just now i unlocked the car from the drivers door and the alarm went off, but it DID unlock ALL doors. i had to use the key in the trunk and turn to the unlock position to deactivate the alarm. would there be an alarm sensor in the door perhaps that may be faulty?

Last edited by Cooper7304; 04-21-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: updating
Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 AM

Honestly, I don't know. You will have to look and see. Maybe the electrical connection to the trunk lock needs attention, or the lock itself needs cleaning?

I don't know alarm systems. I ususally try to eliminate those minor things as mentioned before getting help at a shop.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM

thanks for the help and advice

Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Default more info

was looking under the dash today below the steering wheel and foun a unit. it is a NALDEC UNITASSY - BURGALM. BL2A 67 790. 1F07A. NALDEC 34112 41.
the only info i can find on it is that it is part of the alarm. would it be difficult to upgrade it to a keyless entry version