Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Central Lock Behaves In a Weird Way

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Unhappy Central Lock Behaves In a Weird Way

Hi Mazda People Alpologies for my English, it is not my mother language.

I have a weird issue with my central lock system and thought that probably you can help me before I go to the service.

Mazda 3, 2006, sedan.

Yesterday, when I unlocked the car with the remote, car locked itself and alarm went on. Ok, switched it off and started to drive. Suddenly, all doors locked simultaneously, then unlocked and 2-3 times more in a short period of time. Like a ghost or something

Now, what we have:

- Cannot lock doors with the driver's door switch. It locks only one door and doos not lock others. Like when the battery is dead, you know.
- Cannot open trunk with a trunk button. Usually, when pressing it, it is unlocked and trunk can be just pulled up. Now, it can be opened manually with a key only. This is similar to the previous point.

Weird - - Car dome light does not go off, when doors are closed (when it is in "door" position). While testing, it went off one time, when door was actually opened
- At the same time, remote control works perfectly - locks all the doors without any issue.

- Central lock fuse looks ok
- "Opened door" light on the panel is not showing, when doors are closed.
- Battery also looks fine - did not check the voltage, but car starts without any hassle.

Any ideas? What can I check before heading to the service center and paying my hard earned money?

Thanks in advance.