Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

SiriusXM Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 10:53 PM
Default SiriusXM Issue

I am having a recurrent issue with SiriusXM. When I start the car, it takes way too long to load the electronics (navigation, phone, etc.) but I’ve been told at the dealership that this is the way it is. Usually the Sirius XM loads properly, although it is slow. Occasionally, however, it does not load properly and I have access to only a few stations — channel 0 (Radio ID), channel 130, & several channels in the 300's. It is the same few every time the load fails. Of course, I cannot access any of the stations I typically listen to. When this happens, I have to shut the car off and keep starting it until SiriusXM finally loads. It seems to help if I wait about 10 minutes. This issue has been known to Mazda for a long time. The sales staff at my dealership is very familiar with it, and even know the channels available when the load fails. Management at the dealership has claimed to be unaware of the issue or suggests that it is a SiriusXM issue. It is clearly a Mazda issue. I have three other vehicles with SiriusXM and have never had this happen. They also do not require waiting after I start the car for navigation and the phone to load. I am going back to the dealership this week for another software update and I’m hoping it solves the problem, but I think there is something in the electronics that is simply not right. One of the salesmen told me that Mazda is well aware of the issue and allows it to persist.

Last edited by gr8fun; 10-07-2020 at 12:59 PM.