Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Default Power windows not working

I drive a 2006 Mazda6 S, and one day it decided not to start. So I tried jumping it and it would show that there was power, but when I turned the key, everything would just turn off. It wouldn't even try to start. I eventually just disconnected the positive side of the battery, then re-connected it, and my car started. It hasn't done this since, or ever done this before. So here's the problem: now the auto window buttons don't work, and I can't control the front passenger window from the driver controls. I've checked every fuse multiple times, and nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned
Lightbulb

: now the auto window buttons don't work, and I can't control the front passenger window from the driver controls. I've checked every fuse multiple times, and nothing. Any ideas?
[/quote]
This always happens when the battery is disconnected. Look in your owners manual for the physical re-programming. What i do: I physically lower the passenger side from that side with my right arm, I start lifting it up and at the same time I use the control on the driver side for that window lifting it up. After the window goes to top, remain holding both controls in the up position for 20 secs. Now you should be able to work it from driver side.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM

[/quote] This always happens when the battery is disconnected. Look in your owners manual for the physical re-programming. What i do: I physically lower the passenger side from that side with my right arm, I start lifting it up and at the same time I use the control on the driver side for that window lifting it up. After the window goes to top, remain holding both controls in the up position for 20 secs. Now you should be able to work it from driver side.[/quote]

I did this earlier today and it totally worked! Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Default power windows

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
: now the auto window buttons don't work, and I can't control the front passenger window from the driver controls. I've checked every fuse multiple times, and nothing. Any ideas?
This always happens when the battery is disconnected. Look in your owners manual for the physical re-programming. What i do: I physically lower the passenger side from that side with my right arm, I start lifting it up and at the same time I use the control on the driver side for that window lifting it up. After the window goes to top, remain holding both controls in the up position for 20 secs. Now you should be able to work it from driver side.[/QUOTE]

Thanks UYN will try that this weekend