Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda tsbs on condensation in lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Default Mazda tsbs on condensation in lights

I'd like the details of the tsbs relating to condensation in the rear combination lights of mazda6 models.

The url for the list is here :
Mazda results under Recalls & TSBs | AutoMD

I can only see limited info on automd though - don't know why - do you have to pay for full access?

I heard they stopped covering this with the warranty, but I want the tsb's leading up to that decision an how they used to handle it.

I just got knocked back by the warranty dept this week on this issue - only bought the approved used car 3 wks ago.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:57 PM

Hi. I am new to Mazda and looking at a 58 reg 6 TS 2l petrol. Really like it but am worried as there is condensation in rear light array. It is on sale at a Mazda dealer. Any ideas what I should do in terms of requesting they replace before I consider buying?
Many thanks.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:04 AM

I bought one in October. One of the combination lights was full of condensation and mold. I told I would buy it only if they replaced it. They did so no hassle. Check all combi lights carefully, ask them to replace each one that has the issue. Bear in mind that the rear lights have two separate sections to their lights separated by the boot. Ensure they do both parts.

I unfortunately didn't check quite so carefully and only asked for one to be replaced.

Regards
Paul

Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Hi all and espec. Paul for his help recently
Bought my 09 Mazda 6 TS hatch in Blue yesterday, love it!
I was very careful to check that there was no condensation in light arrays. Rear looked like a poss replacement as immaculate. Front ones clear to. Later that day when I was home i noticed condensation in front light in the lower pointy bits, where the reflectors are close to glass, couldnt believe I had missed it before paying. Then this morning, it has been raining, I cleared the glass and no condensation? weird.
maybe it was not there ar dealers on inspection. Whilst here. noticed info online about headlamps being always on even when you select "off" I have this, it would appear it may be a default always on setting introduced ahead of new regs re lighting? Hope my battery can handle it? Any clues about this. Many thanks, New Mazda Owner