Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

First trip on new 09 Mazda6 (4 cyl)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM

wow. that was an interesting little reading. when me and my dad were shopping for a car for me back in May, we looked at a few '08 and '07 altima's, and they had some options, the 2 we looked at were 2.5(can't remember which exact model) but Nissan wanted just over $16k. then we went to a different mazda dealership and found an '08 mazda 6i sport value edition with 8k miles, power driver's seat, 6 cd changer, 4 cyl, and everything, but no gps or leather which is fine....$15,094, offered $14,750, after the ridiculous and useless charges, trade in, and down payment, $14k even out the door. I found the window sticker in the glove box when I got home with her and that car retailed $20k and some change...to me, we got a really good deal. now, new Camry's down here in 'bama go for $25k-$30k depending on model. I wouldn't ever buy an Altima but instead get the Maxima. to me Altima's are a waste of $$$ in all aspects.

***before anyone says something, I looked at the Altima's b/c, well, my dad is paying for the car and I kinda had to agree, but THANKFULLY I talked him into gettin me the mazda6

Old 08-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by ginia
I wouldn't ever buy an Altima but instead get the Maxima. to me Altima's are a waste of $$$ in all aspects.
There's a big price difference between a Maxima and an Altima. Surely we would all pick the Maxima if money was no object but for most of us, money usually is a factor.

I am not sure in what aspects you would believe an Altima to be a waste of money. Good gas mileage? Excellent reliability rating? Superior mid-size class handling and acceleration? The biggest downside in my opnion is Nissan's ridicuous packages/options. i.e. you can't get package Y without first getting package X and Z. One review referred to it as "feast or famine" which I think depicts it perfectly.

Anyway, I still prefer the 6 or I wouldn't be here. The Altima was the clear runner-up though vs all other mid-size sedans in the same price range. Not all of us are young enough to have mom and dad foot the bill.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:51 PM

but after you add the options to even make the Altima worth buying, you might as well buy the Maxima for a bit more because like you said, you have to buy other crap before getting something else. to me Mazda's are better which is why we got the 6. I had a Millenia first.
oh, and the reason my dad got me the car is because the Millenia needed a new tranny and I'll have a $40k+ bill when I graduate school, to pay myself. and both of our names are on the car payment, and I pay him a certain amount every 6 months.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 PM
VB

Originally Posted by Ach3r0n
Not all of us are young enough to have mom and dad foot the bill.
I am young enough for that sort of thing, but I still footed my 11K bill myself.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by ginia
but after you add the options to even make the Altima worth buying, you might as well buy the Maxima for a bit more because like you said, you have to buy other crap before getting something else. to me Mazda's are better which is why we got the 6. I had a Millenia first.
oh, and the reason my dad got me the car is because the Millenia needed a new tranny and I'll have a $40k+ bill when I graduate school, to pay myself. and both of our names are on the car payment, and I pay him a certain amount every 6 months.
A Maxima is considerably more comparably equipped.

I'm not even going to comment on the bill comment. You'll learn when you get older.