Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

First road trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Default First road trip

Took the 3 up to Vancouver for the week. had a good trip and I am very impressed with this car. I got 32 MPG
in mixed city and highway driving. On the trip up and back I got into bumper to bumper traffic in Seattle. Had some city driving while in Vancouver. It was hot so I had the AC on the whole time and it handled it fine but it was not extremely hot like the south. I took the car because I wanted to take back some deck cleaner and stain for my house. If I had the truck they always check the covered bed at the border. I figured if it was in the truck i could get through hassel free which I did. It was a bit of low rider in the back with all the weight. The truck is just amazing. I asked all my buddied how many 5 gal. pails could I get in the truck. 5 was the most anyone thought would fit. I got all 8 in and had still had room left over-but not for another 5. Handling was a bit strange on the way home. To much weight in the rear. It was even worse when filled up in Seattle. I figure 32 is dam good for the traffic, the AC on and doing some hauling like a truck. Oh ya when I was on the highway I was running 80 or better when I could. The wife and both love this car. The Benz is spending lots of time in the garage now unless its a top down kinda day. Its easy to drive, you don't have to worry were you park it and it sporty. I moved my Sirus radio over to the 3 for the trip so i could listen to Howard on the trip. Great all around car.