Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Can you convince me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Default RE: Can you convince me?

so you can just replace the turbo witha T4 or somethin, you might not be able to run that much psi though

Old 05-16-2006, 09:55 PM

i wish there was something out there for the Mazda 6 (v6) im talking turbo mani's or superchargers

Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 PM

i swear i found one from HKS

Old 05-16-2006, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: nyinthabuilding05

i wish there was something out there for the Mazda 6 (v6) im talking turbo mani's or superchargers
Good luck with that one. They have pretty much just finished making turbo and super charger kits for the 90s cars. These newer cars are very senstive due to more and more electronics and computer driven motors that super charging and turbo charging take them longer to develope.

Tracker, I am much more of a classic car guy when it comes to engines. You totally have me lost. Are you saying that I should ditch the stock turbo?

Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM

thats an option, just stick in a new one, but i dont know if the stock piping will hold up and you might need a new intercooler

Old 05-17-2006, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Shea

ORIGINAL: nyinthabuilding05

Good luck with that one. They have pretty much just finished making turbo and super charger kits for the 90s cars. These newer cars are very senstive due to more and more electronics and computer driven motors that super charging and turbo charging take them longer to develope.

Tracker, I am much more of a classic car guy when it comes to engines. You totally have me lost. Are you saying that I should ditch the stock turbo?
It is a possibility. A larger turbo housing allows for more airflow into the engine, you'd want to make sure that whatever you get, you check out the compressor map for that specific turbo to make sure you're running it efficiently. (If you don't, your turbo can be slow to spool or build up excess heat.) You also have to make sure that you can tune the engine when making these changes. Mazda's are tricky. Mr. Tea is on this website and has a turbo 2.3L Mazda6 (Hiboost kit on NA 2.3L I4), but I believe he is also using a stand-alone ECU to control his engine.

If I were to switch out the turbo, I'd make sure to go with a name brand from a licenced dealer. I've heard too many horror stories about ebay turbos.