Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

A/C leaking into passenger floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Default A/C leaking into passenger floor

Hi,

I have a 2003 Mazda 6 2.3Sport. We recently had the A/C "refilled" by a company, and noticed a couple of days ago that the floor matt on the passenger side was wet. I lifted the carpet to see that the isolation-matt was completely soaked. After some googling this might be the A/C drain-pipe being clogged and i've been trying to find it, without any luck.

Does anyone here know where to find it? I've been looking in the engine compartment/firewall on the passenger side and found a small black tube thats really hard to reach. Can anyone confirm this is the A/C drain? My plan was to push some compressed air in there to maybe clear the clogg.

I uploaded a video showing where the leakage is coming from and where I think is the drain:

Old 08-12-2020, 04:35 PM

I have the same problem in my CX9. Used compressed air to unclog, now the dash AC does not blow, but rear does.
WHY? What happened?

Old 08-12-2020, 04:38 PM

The black hose end on your firewall is most likely the drain. Mine on my CX9 is down on the passenger side transmission tunnel under a heat shield.

Old 08-16-2020, 04:44 AM

A workshop tried clearing the AC drain which was not clogged. Water is also dripping under the car, but still the car floods on a warm day. They couldnt find any clogs in the intake either.

Any ideas what to do?

Old 10-06-2020, 09:40 AM

So the car was in for repair TWICE for this issue, but both of the shops failed to find anything wrong.

The first shot tried clearing a clogged AC-drain but didnt find anything clogged.

The second one thought it might be the air intakes thats full of water, but couldnt find anything, and no leak into the car was found.

Still on a humid day there is a constant leak of water. Mold has started to manifest on the floormats which is concerning to say the least.

Any ideas on troubleshooting? No leaks, no clogged pipe. :-/