Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2015 6 Gracenote UPdate

Old 12-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Default 2015 6 Gracenote UPdate

Hi all.

Looking for some assistance with a Gracenote Update.

Like looking for Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster, it seems...

Can't find links or even solid information on where to get the update files.

I have a call into my service writer to get the scoop from her. (just kidding... from him)

Info appreciated.

WOW do I hope Mazda offers an upgrade to the crippling lack of playlist support in the 6. Great sound but nothing but time and effort for USB play.

Thanks all... I have found through the years that forums are the way to go when real info is needed from other users.

String

Old 12-21-2014, 08:19 PM

Did you have any luck with the update?

Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 AM

Greetings... Yes, I was able to get the Gracenote update and follow the process to install.

Here are a couple of helpful links.

This is the link for the Gracenote file itself: (remove the "B" before the "http" when you copy-paste)
Bhttp://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/gracenote?language=en-US

This is the link to the update instructions: - remove the "B" before the "http" when you copy-paste) -pdf file
Bhttp://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/files/Mazda_GracenoteUpdateProcess.pdf

I can't honestly say that I noticed any great changes.

Overall, the system really needs support for playlists.

One thing I've recently done is record a blank file that is 2 minutes long, using Audacity (Free audio program) and named it "000" (zero, zero, zero) so that when my audio system comes up, it will play that blank file for a bit of time without me having to listen - for the THOUSANDTH TIME - the first track on my USB drive.

Wanted to get back and share what my service tech and service manager found. Funny how different a Google search can be compared to Bing.

Happy New Year, all!

String

Last edited by stringdriver; 01-08-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:54 PM

Playlist Support
The Mazda 6 supports .wpl and .m3u playlist both of which can be created by WM Player or third party programs such as playlist creator or sync playlist.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM

I've read in other mazda forums that there is a bluetooth module that effectively disables GraceNote, and in so doing restores the shuffle problem. Going to Mazda's compatibility site shows that they don't officially support shuffle:

've been looking for a part number but so far, this is the only lead I have: GJR9-66-DH0B

Here's the Tech Service Bulletin that references the Bluetooth issue (my VIN# doesn't match but I'm going to give it a shot anyway):

TSB: 09-003/14

MULTI-MODEL - BLUETOOTH SYSTEM INOPERATIVE

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 09-003/14, issued on 1/14/2014. The DESCRIPTION, REPAIR PROCEDURE, PART(S) and WARRANTY INFORMATION have been revised.

Changes are noted below in Red beside the change bar.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs from JM3 KE ****** 367697 - 403269 (produced June 28, 2013 through October 11, 2013)

2013-2014 CX-9 vehicles with VINs from JM3 TB ****** 424547 - 428289 (produced June 26, 2013 through October 08, 2013)

2014 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs from JM1 GJ ****** 130589 - 151416 (produced July 01, 2013 through October 09, 2013)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may experience one or more of the following BluetoothÆ symptoms:

When the vehicle started, the registered device would not connect with the BluetoothÆ system. The Bluetooth, USB or Pandora tab on the audio display would not illuminate (gray out).

The Bluetooth, USB or Pandora Tab on the audio display would illuminate, but the BluetoothÆ system would not operate.

When the customer presses the "Talk" button on the steering wheel, the audio display momentarily shows a message cStarting up Bluetooth Please wait" then the BluetoothÆ unit does not work.

NOTE:

Phone Paired - The steering wheel pickup button will only answer phone calls.

Phone Not Paired - The steering wheel pickup button will initiate BluetoothÆ pairing function.

Diagnostic Support

Contact JCI Help Desk at 800-430-0153 from 7am-5pm Pacific Standard Time.

Part authorization is not required for GJR9-66-DH0B.

Parts Exchange

Contact United Radio - refer to Dealer Assistance Group’s "Exchange Central" on MX Connect.

NOTE: United Radio does not provide technical support.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Have the symptoms described in the DESCRIPTION section of this bulletin been verified?
Yes - Proceed to step 2.

No - This bulletin does not apply. Contact JCI Help Desk at 800-430-0153 from 7am-5pm Pacific Standard Time for technical support or refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 09-03):

CX-5 - TROUBLESHOOTING INDEX [Bluetooth SYSTEM (HANDS-FREE TELEPHONE (HF/TEL) SYSTEM)]

CX-9 - FOREWORD [Bluetooth SYSTEM (HANDS-FREE TELEPHONE (HF/TEL) SYSTEM)]

Mazda6 - TROUBLESHOOTING INDEX [Bluetooth SYSTEM (HANDS-FREE TELEPHONE (HF/TEL) SYSTEM)]

2. Replace the BluetoothÆ unit with an exchange unit. Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 09-20):
CX-5 - Bluetooth UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION

CX-9 - Bluetooth UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION

Mazda6 - Bluetooth UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION

3. Verify repair.
PART(S) INFORMATION

Part Number

Description

Qty.

Notes

GJR9-66-DH0B

Bluetooth Unit

Exchange Unit

See the DAG Exchange Central website for the most current information.

This MAY only be applicable to Australian models, but can't hurt to try, right?

Old 10-22-2022, 11:12 AM
YLM
Default Is there a .UP file download that works with my 2015 CX-5v

When I follow the instructions and try to update with the current Gracenote file it causes a USB error and I can’t install. I am faced with a prompt to download every text message I receive, but no way to see them or have them read. It’s a frustrating distraction when I just want to have my messages read while driving.

Originally Posted by stringdriver
Greetings... Yes, I was able to get the Gracenote update and follow the process to install.

Here are a couple of helpful links.

This is the link for the Gracenote file itself: (remove the "B" before the "http" when you copy-paste)
Bhttp://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/gracenote?language=en-US

This is the link to the update instructions: - remove the "B" before the "http" when you copy-paste) -pdf file
Bhttp://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/files/Mazda_GracenoteUpdateProcess.pdf

I can't honestly say that I noticed any great changes.

Overall, the system really needs support for playlists.

One thing I've recently done is record a blank file that is 2 minutes long, using Audacity (Free audio program) and named it "000" (zero, zero, zero) so that when my audio system comes up, it will play that blank file for a bit of time without me having to listen - for the THOUSANDTH TIME - the first track on my USB drive.

Wanted to get back and share what my service tech and service manager found. Funny how different a Google search can be compared to Bing.

Happy New Year, all!

String