Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 UK Spec Furano

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Default RE: Mazda 5 UK Spec Furano

Hi Men,

Just read your comments it's now April 2007, how have you got on with your Ferano's?

Jet

Old 04-29-2007, 05:53 PM

Hi Jet,

Still enjoying it. Been lucky so far (judging by the other issues on here). I'm keeping an eye on the tyre wear situation though. The only thing we have had to watch out for is the side skirts on steep angled driveways and high curbs. Six seat mode rocks (I don't count the little seat in the 5)! The two adults in the back on a recent trip gave the seats a thumbs up.

Are you thinking of getting (or already have) a Furano Jet?

Cheers,

AJ

Old 04-30-2007, 09:50 AM

Hi Jetman,

The car is fab and seems to do everything asked of it with ease.

The car looks the business and have had several appreciative comments incl. a guy stopping, rolling his window and asking whether the car was a Mazda5 - that was whilst we were busy loading upthe boot with bags of soil, pots and a 7'+ tall bamboo! All swallowed with ease just fold down the middle seat and pass the Bamboo through (kids still in situ).

Not used the 2nd row rear seats in anger yet, but looking forward to a trip out with the grandparents and only needing one car!

As AJ mentioned, keeping a close eye on the tyre wear, but our mileage is quite low at the moment so nothing showing yet. Fuel consumption wise the jury is still out and the car does seem a little thirsty with all the short school run trips that our car makes, but that would most likely be the case whetever you drive. We've not gone on a nice long cruise yet so no idea what the 'real' milage is like. Got approx 27 out of the last half tank (petrol), but as I say a lot of stop start short journeys and spin round on the drive each night to putit in the garage.

All in very pleased, but concern remains over the tyre wear issue.

Loving the colour (Stellar Silver) and the body kit as well.

All the best
Rob

Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 PM

Ferano Boys,

Well guys, thanks for responding to my message, I thought you may have lost all interest in the forum, instead busy drivingyour cars!

I’m thinking of ordering the Ferano in blue. I would like the leather trim, to see if it keeps better (with the kids) than the black cloth that I have on my VW.

This means I’m down to 2 colours Galaxy grey or the Blue. The grey looks too flat on this car. I went to see it on a nice sunny day; it looked like a solid finish as apposed to metallic. It looks better on the smaller vehicles – my opinion only!

My present car is silver, very easy to clean, looks cleaner for longer, never waxed/leathered it but shines after each wash. The blue will be a challenge, but I think the car is worth it.

I’m particular about my alloys, and whilst I am pleased to see a 17inch on the car, I was scrutinising the end finish on one that had been standing out in a forecourt (brand new); it seemed to have lost it’s ‘gleam factor’ very quickly, how have you found them?

Interesting to read about the gear ****/handbrake and exhaust detail. I was thinking about ordering some of the ‘garnish’, no not lettuce, but the chrome trims. This is for the tailgate, just to try and break it up a little (or maybe I’m just being too fussy).

I’ve just trailed the Touran, (vw van with windows), drove like a van, 3rd row of seats were a game. Made me investigate the Ferano seating again, this seem so much easier.

Question for you – I intend to have six (of the seven seats occupied) how have you got on with your luggage, where do you store it, do you have a carrier box on top of the car?

Regards
Jet

Old 05-14-2007, 09:15 AM

Jetman,

The Strato Blue is a bit purply for my taste and the Galaxy wasn't available at first so only had the Stellar Silver to choose. Have you seen the car in the Stellar as it is quite nice in natural light (looks a bit too green in the showroom) and is quite different on today's roads. The Strato Blue was also not a option because my neighbour has a Mazda3 in that colour so didn't want to clash. The only other issue I would have with the Starto is stone chips as I think the paint is quite soft (as many RX-8 owners report) and will show quite badly on a dark colour (especially if the undercoat is white!!).

The leather again was not an option when I purchased but not sure I'd want it on this car. The cloth seats are very comfortable and so far are wearing well and not marking up from the kids. There is more damage to the cheapish plastics on the rear sills and the rear interior door trim, which really is quite cheap.

Not noticed any issues with the wheels but would recommend putting a good wheel wax on when new to protect http://www.wheelwax.com/. Also watch out for corrosion from the middle hub (again a big issue on RX-8's Mazda6 and Mazda3 - all replace under warranty).

The rear garnish I considered but didn't bother. It looks really good on the Black though and have seen one car with the door mirror garnish as well, very bling, but if it floats your boat.....

Your question re. luggage is easy. If you have 6 up then the only space left will be between the middle seats (small seat folded) and in what is left of the boot, so I would say that you will need a box.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Rob

Old 05-21-2007, 12:29 PM

Rob,

Thanks for your comments.

You got me procrastinating. Non metallic grey or metallic blue. Spoke to a lot of people, most seem to favour a grey (they not really having seen it). Even my wife favours the grey. (The silver is not available with the leather option, so this unfortunately has been ruled out)

So I decided (not feeling 100%) I would add a little more chrome, the handles and side marker trims (these fit around the side repeater lamp). And go for the grey.

However, today I decided I would probably regret it, so I’ve changed my mine.

Moving on I looked at the web link for the wheelwax, sounds pretty good. My problem is that I’m not overly satisfied with the existing finish. I may contemplate doing something with them later.

The local dealer seems to be struggling to answer my question about requiring roof cross bars for the 450 litres roof box. Did you get any attachments for the roof as standard on the Furano? Did you get the boot mat mentioned by AJ?

I’m really hoping to sort this out by a week today, so yours comments would be appreciated.

Regards
Jet

Old 05-22-2007, 06:02 AM

Jetman,
I too thought long and hard about the extras and flicked endlessly through the accessories brochure.

The side marker rings are a nice to have, but don't really add much. The chrome mirror covers are very bling and only really go with black imho. The chrome bootlid garnish again is great on black, but not convinced it's worth it on other colours.

The wheels are actually quite nice with a good open design and detail, however they are just painted and lacquered and you can't really get a real shine on them.

I've not looked into carrying anything on the roof so I'm afraid I can't help there.

In regard to the boot mat, I did eventually get it and it is worth having, but you can only use it with the rear set of seats down i.e. in 5 seat mode, as it covers the whole of the boot area. Not sure what you are suppossed to do with it when you have the rear seats up, but it's included so you should defo get one - it has the fold out rubber piece as well to protect the bumper when loading/unloading.

Cheers
Rob

Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM

Hi guys..

Well into my 3rd week now with my furano and all is well got the handbrake lever changed last week to the one out of the accessories book and i told them the gear **** does'nt mach now so it booked in again this friday to have that changed to the one in the accessories book too no bad hay quite concerned about the tyre wear though becuse when car was in last week there was a women there in a 5 sport and she was on her 3rd set of tyres after 15000 miles on a 55 plate....................

Old 10-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Hi triplet man,

My Wife's car is due for the first service on 7th Nov. Tyres(back and front) lookworn in the'usual' places with about 7k on the clock. We thought we had got away with it. Let battle commence.

I wonder if Ford will get this sorted before launching thesistercar (i-Max).

Keep your eye on the tyre wear.

Cheers,

AJ