Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda5 Furano DPF light

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Default Mazda5 Furano DPF light

I purchased a furano5 about six months ago and i have a problem with my DPF light coming on when this
happens the turbo de-activates and the car has no zooom zoom zoom you could run faster.Whe this happens
you have got to drive the car for a continuous speed and rev to allow the problem to clear and you have to turn the
engine off and back on to reset the warning light .My dealer tells me this will continue to happen because these new
diesels are not meant for town driving but should be on the motorway and if the problem continues and it does not
rectify itself i will have to pay to get warning light removed but because of the driving i do the problem wil come back.
I have done 7400miles only and i have also got serious tyre wear and noise when reversing slowly any one eles got a problem with DPF

Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Mazda5 Furano DPF light

I've never heard such rubbish with regard to a DPF on any make! Take it to a dealer that can run a proper diagnostic and get them to acknowledge the tyre issue. Dealers like this should be named and shamed!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:55 PM

I've just joined the forum but have just come back from my local dealer £100 lighter after the system wouldn't regenerate. Again the dealer suggested that I should have bought a petrol car because town driving caused the problem.

Maybe I should have bought a normal hatchback as we only have 2 kids also?

In the dealers words because I didn't regenerate the system properly the oil needed changed and reset on the diagnostic machine. I noticed this morning that the oil had gone way past the maximum mark on the dipstick, almost to the X mark where the manual says the oil should be changed.

He said that the car should be given"a good run out every week" but what about people with taxis etc. that are mainly confined to stop/start motoring?

Old 03-27-2007, 05:08 PM

I have got a little bit more info from my dealer about the DPF light seemingly when you are running the diesel furano there is a small
amount of diesel injected into the oil constantly so it help the fumes burn cleaner this is to get the cat4 standard but the problem with
this is the engine oil overfills upto the x mark so if the DPF light comes on because the engine oil is too full it will not regenerate propery
.my dealer is draining my oil refilling to correct mark and resetting the regeneration system i have also got the problem with rear tyres and
i have bad wearing on front tyres whic my dealer has acknowledged there is a problem with rear tyres but they say no problem with front tyres recordedt as yet but will check my tracking to see if it is off ( my dealer BORDER CARS DUMFRIES) after stating my concerns quite strongly
today ave taken my car off me and given me a courtasy car and are in contact with Mazda UK and dealing with problem

Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Hi Alpro,

See my post and then the correction to the original in the tyre wear thread! If your car is on Dunlops, you just might learn something to your advantage!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:43 AM

hi my dealer has said there is some software and new dipstick to aid in this problem have you been told this.