Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 Furano '07 Ipod interface problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Default Mazda 5 Furano '07 Ipod interface problems

Don't know if anyone one can help but I'm trying to find a suitable Ipod link (not an FM transmitter) for my Mazda 5 Furano. Tried trawling through the forum but can't see anything that helps.

I've had the 2005 and 2007 versions of the Audio link but neither work. The 2007 did charge the IPOD but the head unit didn't seem to recognise the Ipod was connected. The stereo in the car is the 6 disc in dash MP3 version (Sanyo I think). Has anyone had similar problems with the Audiolink unit any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm gettin' tired taken the dash apart! Really don't fancy paying £180.00 for the Mazda OE kit!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Mazda 5 Furano '07 Ipod interface problems

I was hoping to achieve the same (although not for an ipod) and was hopinjg it would be very easy being as you can interface a minidisk unit. Apparently not....
As you have had your dash apart a few time have you any photos of what is behind/what the interface looks like?
How does the black spacer come out where the minidisk unit fits?
What mazda unit are you referrring to that costs £180?

Does this solve your problem?

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/ILMA1634/

Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 AM

Does this fit the bill ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:uk

Looks like a cheap "pattern" interface

Old 04-11-2007, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the replies guys...

This is actually where I sourced both units. The guy has been very helpful and is waiting to hear from the Manufacturer (Audiolink) so fingers crossed.

tcs17_tim,

To fit the Ipod connection you simply plug into the jack at the back of the head unit. There's no need to remove that black spacer panel. I would imagine it'll be easy enough to remove once you get the radio out of the car though. I think there'll be some clip that will allow the plastic facia to be removed from the radio and the black spacer should simply pop out. If I get another solution and I'm in there again I'll have a look.

The Denison unit looks like a decent solution although I think I'll e mail them and see if they have anymore info.

I was quoted £180 for a genuine Mazda Integration kit from my local dealer although one appeared on U.S. E bay last week for £75 but I was too slow off the mark!

With the exception of this little hiccup I have to say I'm delighted with the car... Does seem a bit thirsty for a modern Diesel though? First couple of tanks have averaged 36mpg

Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM

By jack do you mean 3.5mm jack, like normal headphones? If so I could just plug in a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable and I would be very happy.

How did you get the radio out? I havent managed to find a way in at all.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:54 AM

It's a 12 pin rectangular plug. Getting to the radio is a bit of a nightmare but easy once you've done it once!
1. remove the kick panels in the driver and passenger footwells giving access to 1 philips screw each side. remove the screws.
2. remove the gear stick (unscrew the top)
3. remove the gearstick gaitor and plastic surround my sliding something underneath it a pulling it it comes away easily revealing a single philips screw which you have to remove to allow the plastic shifter tunnel to be manouvred into a position to remove the two philips screws hold the silver (on mine anyway) radio facia.
4. You should now be able to pull the radio unit out slowly although there will be some resistance from the clips holding it in place the will come with slight presure.

I did find a link somewhere with picture and if I can loicate it again I'll post but not got time to search just now.

good luck

Old 04-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Hi, unfortunately you can't connect an ipod to the 16pin interface.

I've tried both Audiolink and Dension and neither work. Finally pushed the guys at Mazda UK and it won't work with the MP3 version 6 CD in dash changer. The answer currently is 'you need to down grade to a single cd non mp3 radio'

Sounds good, but...... went through the local dealer for a price and it £562 plus about £100 to fit - so I haven't gone this route yet.

I still think it should be possible to fit the modular unit from a Mazda 6 which should be avaialble from a breakers but the dealer tells me this won't work either, not sure I belive this but haven't found a way to try it out yet - --- good hunting.

Meantime I use a tape link which allows steering wheel controls to skip a track, put the Ipod on random and skip the tracks I don't like, not an elegant solution but kind of works.

If anyone finds a better way then I'd like to try it.

Oh yes, there is a company in the US and Germany doing an interface which goes where the tape should be if you don't have the tape player, if your interested I'll try and remember the co.

Paul

Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM

What do you mean by the solution you are using? What is a tape link?

Old 04-28-2007, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: pmbrid

Hi, unfortunately you can't connect an ipod to the 16pin interface.

I've tried both Audiolink and Dension and neither work. Finally pushed the guys at Mazda UK and it won't work with the MP3 version 6 CD in dash changer. The answer currently is 'you need to down grade to a single cd non mp3 radio'

Sounds good, but...... went through the local dealer for a price and it £562 plus about £100 to fit - so I haven't gone this route yet.
Paul, |Thanks for that it saves me a lot of trial and error. Do you know if the Mazda Ipod adapter works on the Mp3/6 disc changer?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 AM

The Mazda interface doesn't work either - good hey ?

Basically you need a non mp3 capable cd changer which is a bit ironic when your wishing to play hm MP3's from your Ipod.....

The tape connection I use is a Griffin Smart Deck which plugs into the cassette hole and allows you to skip tracks from the audio remote on the steering wheel, you need to normalise the audio level within Itunes else it distorts o some tracks.

If you don't have thecassette then you could try this direct http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

Quick Reply: Mazda 5 Furano '07 Ipod interface problems