Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Any way to clear the ABS light?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Default Any way to clear the ABS light?

Hello all. Trying to figure out if there is a way to manually clear the ABS light on a Mazda5 just like you can with a Protégé (aside from going to the stealership). I believe some high end code scanners have this capability, but the mini bluetooth one I have doesn't read/clear ABS codes (some cheapo elm327 or something) nor did the one at Advanced Auto. Oh BTW, the reason the light is on is because I just changed one of the front CV joint boots last night (project ran into the night) and I missed the speed sensor wire. Connected now, but obviously it set off the ABS trouble light and driving it around doesn't clear the issue. Thanks for any tips.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:28 PM

You can do the battery disconnect route. It's been my experience, yup, I've done that, once you plug the sensor in and drive, light goes out. If you disconnect the battery and the light stays on, it's a hard fault which means it's more than a disconnected wire.