Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

any other way to reset my "check engine" light on my 96 lx?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Default any other way to reset my "check engine" light on my 96 lx?

wuddup fellas, i picked up my 96 lx a few months back and it always had the "check engine" light on. i got my buddy to check it with his scanner. it said #2 was misfiring, so i swapped out the cap, rotor, plugs & wires. after which, i disconnected the battery and the light was gone. a few days later the light came back, the scanner said the same thing, #2 was misfiring. so i let it ride for a while until i got enough money for a replacement fuel injector. i replaced it last week, and instantly i noticed how much smoother it was running. so i figured that must of been it. again, i disconnected the battery and again the light was off. but a just yesterday the light came back! my buddy is out of town so i dont got a scanner on hand but i figure its gonna be the same thing. i asked another buddy of mine, whos a bike mechanic, and he says that i might actually have to do something besides disconnecting the battery to reset the light. the car feels good now, a lot smoother than before i replaced the injector so i figure that issue is over and done with, so i think my buddy might be right. i dont have a manual so ive come here to find out if any of you guys have any insight about this. thanks fellas.