Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

1999 Mazda 5/Premacy Speedometer stopped, ABS Light,Brake Light on

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 10:40 PM
Default 1999 Mazda 5/Premacy Speedometer stopped, ABS Light,Brake Light on

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I have several lights on my dashboard: ABS Light, Brake light plus my speedometer doesn't work I'm also confused about the model Mazda I bought.
It is called a Mazda5 in the US and is listed as a Premacy here in New Zealand. The plate under the hood shows body code: UA-CPW8.
No where it shows that it is an AWD but it definitely is, (Long shaft going to diff at rear )

Re - Speedometer
I'm struggling finding a Speedometer sensor, maybe there is none? Could it be a fuse?

Re- ABS and Brake light
I had the rear brakes serviced (disc pads, not the drum brakes) They had to rebuild a stuck caliper because they couldn't find a replacement caliper in the whole of New Zealand!?
after this the ABS started to come off and on. When I called them to explain they said it is non related, it may be a sensor?

Anyhow, thanks for anyone who is willing to shed some light on these issues?

ANDRE

Old 11-01-2018, 08:00 PM

On some cars the speed is read from an ABS sensor. It could be a loose plug, broken wire or bad sensor.