Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Wants a 3 but not after warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Default Wants a 3 but not after warranty

I got kinda the same problem as AD, I want a mazda 3 but heard somewhere that stuff for it is expensive once warranty is gone. Anyones warranty gone yet? What about oil changes, check ups, and such that you need to regularly maintain your car. The bumpers and stuff are usually always pricey from a dealer i expect tho. If i am worried about this stuff, should i get a Nissan or Honda? I think 3 will give me low insurance compared to the SER and more horses than a CIVIC EX or LX. So it would be in middle of both but the SER is kinda... not so attractive. I like the civic and 3 but i think 3 looks meaner i think even more when lowered and maybe a lip kit on the front to make it stick out. The civic does look sportier but seems to want to be an Acura too much that it kinda looks funny. Was thinking about RSX but seeing as im 18 and college student, maybe not. Some one help me~ Was thinking Scion too, but yea its cool and all but doesnt seem to be COOL COOL you know? its just like cool.. no CAPITALIZATION.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Default RE: Wants a 3 but not after warranty

hey man. i've owned a 1990 acura legend. it was nice. i've also owned a 2004 civic ex. it was nice too. but so far, i like my 3 the best... except for a few things here and there. it's all up to you on what you're looking for. civics are easy as hell to mod. they make new **** for them all the time. but everyone has one. and the insurance is kind of pricey. the 3 on the other hand has lower insurance but not so easy to mod. not a whole lot of parts for it. most of it has to be custom made if you really want it. my 3 was great for the first year. until my mass airflow sensor went bad. because of a ****ing CAI. gay **** huh? that damn thing causes the engine light to be on constantyl and have a jerking and bucking motion. soon after my battery light came on. i don't know if its related to the CAI but it sucks too. it might also be from the 2 1 farat caps, 3 12" subs and a 2400 watt amp, and a viper alarm system with auto start. mind you i have a manual transmission. also i have the tire pressure monitoring system and after market rims. TPMS goes off too. it also sucks ***. i'm almost wanting to trade it in for a wrx. or even a civic si. even though i don't like the 2 door look that much. i just think that mazdas are made really sensitive. and it's also owned by ford... Fix Or Repair Daily. japenese parts but built in america. greedy ****ing ford... making ****ty cars all the damn time. you just have to weigh all your options. make like a list of all the features and **** you like and dislike about your choices. thats what i did and came up with the 3. i had wrx, sti, evo, 6, 3, civic, scion, mini, and rsx/s on my lists. it was just overall the best choice at the time. parts are expensive for mazdas, how much do you really want it though. thats the question. i hope that i have helped you a little. jsut do your homework and research. i got a pic of my 3 on 'check engine/ battery light post'

Old 01-13-2006, 03:24 AM
Default RE: Wants a 3 but not after warranty

if its any help I have a 7 year 100000 mile warranty on my car and personally I don't plan on having it 7 years?