Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Sorry dude, electric superchargers just ain't gonna get it done. Granted they might be able to produce one or two pounds of boost to an engine that is at idle, but there's no freakin' chance for an electric supercharger to produce any meaningful boost at a higher power setting; in fact, I'll go so far as to say that the Mickey Mouse grade electric superchargers that have been discussed here will actually cause a restriction to be formed in the intake. Net result, less power.
Heh you keep saying this wont work and that wont work, but you have yet to produce any data, or research as to why. I almost think you are only responding to argue? .. Like I mentioned before, yes ALOT of the electric superchargers you see on ebay, and other places are 'Mickey Mouse', but does that mean that the idea will never work? .. I was originally talking about www.superpowercharger.com . If you took a few mins to open your eyes, and read youd learn ALOT about where the future of forced induction might be heading ... heres a few links to get you started.

Elec vs Turbo vs Belt Driven
Just like some basic info

Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM

been following this and some of it is quite comical... however I will side with shipo on this one simply because I cannot see a 12 volt motor having enough juice to turn the fan fast enough at high engine rpm to produce anything. Now don't get me wrong... in theory it will work, but you would have to have a motor that would run on more than 12 volts to move some serious air, not to mention a custom ecu.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by MazdaGG
Heh you keep saying this wont work and that wont work, but you have yet to produce any data, or research as to why. I almost think you are only responding to argue?
I'm thinking the above could only be written by someone gullible enough to believe the marketing bilge you keep posting links to. Question: do you need research evidence that dog poop will taste bad too?

Wait! There's another option... Maybe you're a marketing shill for the SuperpowerCharger folks and for every sucker you con into buying this junk you get a commission (which of course would make you a spammer).

Edit: Now that I've looked at a history of your posts I see that all of them have been in support of this product and all but one has included at least one link to the SuperpowerCharger web site. I'm thinking the odds of you being a spammer has just increased significantly.

Last edited by shipo; 03-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by lnwlf
been following this and some of it is quite comical... however I will side with shipo on this one simply because I cannot see a 12 volt motor having enough juice to turn the fan fast enough at high engine rpm to produce anything. Now don't get me wrong... in theory it will work, but you would have to have a motor that would run on more than 12 volts to move some serious air, not to mention a custom ecu.
Agreed, and Im starting to see thats where alot of people are confused or mislead. A 'FAN' will not cut it, whether it be a boat ventilation fan, a model airplane fan, or any other cheap stamped blade fan that alot of the ebay companies use...However a compressor wheel, in a matching compressor body, which is what the superpower site use, makes perfect sense. On their site somewhere, with their setup they mentioned you could get about 5psi on 12v. The motor mentioned is a DC brushless motor that could hit ~50k rpm, they use 2 per setup and then have some upgearing which brings the actual compressor wheel speed to like ~120k rpm. If thats not considered 'moving serious air' they also say you can upgrade to a 24v or 36v setup by using a larger altenator/batt. And i think its safe to say that with any FI application youll have to do some custom ecu work, or atleast go have it properly tuned.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by goalmikeck3
well can you recommend one?
I guess that if responding to the original posters question about something I think is going to help him, makes me gullible, and a shill and w/e you think so be it, lol. I never knew that defending oneself wasnt allowed. And yeah I have linked alot to that site, you havnt linked to anything. I guess I like facts, proof, research, real world info ya know..if all you can do is talk off the top of your head, then there isnt even a real reason for you to be posting imo

Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Old 03-31-2011, 12:30 AM

Well from wha i see this product work great! That's why so many people are using it right? ... yeah that's what i thought lol

Old 03-31-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by MazdaGG
I guess I like facts, proof, research, real world info ya know.
Facts? Proofs? Research? The web site you're so fond of (and I suspect financially associated with) provides none of the above; all it provides is slick sounding claims most likely written by some marketing guy. If you want real science, check out the archives at the SAE: http://www.sae.org